s e v e n

*:・。 I would do whatever you wanted  *ੈ✩‧₊˚

you wanted *ੈ✩‧₊˚

A SOFT LIGHT encapsulated the large bedroom, taking every single invaluable item that had been gathering dust hostage as though they were blue diamonds.

Strong vanilla and chocolate melded with with lavender and the left over scent of gingerbread, successfully saturating the many particles that controlled the air. Oxygen turning pungent with the unmistakable aroma of the four mixing together, their scents blending in a way that is unpleasant to have the dismay to breath inwards.

Belle wore the diamond encrusted ring around her finger, the timid object getting in her way in ways that she did not think was possible. Maybe it was the fact that she was not used to it but she was ready to take it off at any second.

She spritzed the softness of the vanilla on her bare skin, the glitter that was embedded within the scented liquid grabbing onto to her in an instant. It soaked into her golden dress, breaking past all the different stitches and fabrics that made it, to make sure it stuck.

"You found the ring." The woman's voice tore through the space like a bullet, hitting Isabelle directly into the heart.

"Yeah, Lando had found it and brought it to me." She smiled at the woman through the reflection of the mirror, once again incorrectly portraying the formidable sensations that swirled in her body.

"How convenient." Mary's words were dripping with an emotion her sister could not identify, it was possible to mistake it as jealousy however Belle knew better than that, the slightly older woman had a good and better life than her, there was nothing to be jealous of.

"Can I help you?" Turning to face the woman as she gave up on putting in her earring, leaving the finalisation of her outfit to when she left.

"I'm just surprised that's all." Mary shrugged, sitting down on the edge of the bed, her dress creasing slightly in the process. "You go from never being able to catch the attention of a man, let alone get a boyfriend and all of the sudden you are engaged to a famous athlete. Good for you."

Isabelle leaned forward, grasping at the plastic water bottle that was sat on her desk, so she could drink from it, however the liquid the flowed around inside it was no cure for her dry throat, instead only replacing it with an intense  burning.

"How did you meet?" A silence fell over them, wrapping Belle in a warm yet not comfortable hug. Her request for an answer was pushed further with a raise of her drawn-in eyebrows. "It couldn't have been a dating app, like i said he's a famous athlete so i'm just super intrigued to know."

"We were on holiday and met in a bar. Not the most romantic but it was good enough." She was never a good liar, she was the type to smile and give it all away so the sudden and unexpected arrival of her older sister was not a perfect situation to be in. The same night that Mary had banged on the door, Belle had stayed up through most of the night on google trying to figure out how to be a good liar. The best thing she could come up with was to not get herself caught in a web full of lies, instead tell as little as possible so you can remember it all and so far, so good.

"Damn right, that is not romantic in anyway." Mary laughed under her breath as she picked up her leg, flinging it over the other. The clogs beginning to move one another in her mind was evident, her thought filled face giving it away instantaneously. "So he was a one night stand? But then it turned into something else?"

It shocked Isabelle, the fact that she had merely though that was enough and yet she still decided to say it out loud, not one ounce of hesitation being clear. Mary was sat in a room that wasn't hers, infiltrating the one place that Belle felt comfortable. But she knew that, she knew exactly what she was doing and she did not have one problem with that. "I don't do those, you know that. I gave him my number and that's it."

Vulgar words began to claw their way up Isabelle's throat, the scratch marks that remained as reminders for failed attempts, creating a perfect way for the vodka, that she had previously drunk, to deep into her system and work its magic quicker than usual.

"Harry and I we met a through a mutual friend but we made it a lot more thrilling than that. Keeping it a secret is so much fun, isn't it?" Mary began to stand up, smoothing out the creases that had formed when she had first sat down before walking forward ever so slightly. However she never once failed to keep her eyes on Belle, assessing her every muscle tense with such intense integrity that she may as well have taken a career with the FBI.

"You had to keep yours secret for a very different reason to me. I simply chose not to tell anyone." The young woman's patience had been drawn so thin it may as well be a singular strand of thin hair and her sister began to pull on it, adding the tension bit by bit and she just waited around for it to snap.

"There is a car outside, I'm guessing it is Lando sweetheart." Josephine popped her head around the door, a smile smile perched elegantly onto her red lips as she witnessed her two daughters in an enclosed room together for who know how long. "I am so glad you two are spending time together! God, it makes me so indescribably happy."

Her two daughter looked at each other in the eyes, signing a silent agreement to keep it well and civil for their mother and fathers sake.

"I'll be down in a second."

authors note- this is the very literal definition of a filler chapter but it is doing its job amazingly 🧍‍♀️

I was trying to find the most expensive jewel or whatever and tell me why I found a necklace selling for £129k???????