Disaster festival: Why I left

Story till now,

I am at this extremely fancy party commonly goes by the name 'The Banquet'. I had a small argument with Dupain-Cheng and her friends, then had a small talk with my mom, Gabriel and Nathalie. And then had a not-so-much of a heart warming reunion with my boyfriend and my best friends, who I had no idea of were in a relationship, not to mention the three are the members of the internationally famous band called 'YELLOW' which is formed just to find me.

_______________

After all that, the four of us somehow sneaked out of the hall and went to a private room that was available for the guests to rest.

It was just us now and no bothersome Dupain-Chenge or wife of the mayor or a fucking moth with it's peacock.

" So, now tell me, how come you and Miguel are now lovers that I had no idea of? " I asked Sam the first thing of the conversation.

" Well~ you know~. Uh- how should I say? Well, um. " It was clear she had no idea of how she should even start.

Right then Daniel placed his hands on my shoulders and said,
" Long story short, they had chemistry even before you came to Aurium and I'm pretty sure you had noticed that much yourself, right? "

" Can't deny that. "

Miguel rubbed the back of his neck and said,
" Well, unlike you two, the two of us developed our feelings gradually. The more time we spend together the more attached.. we... become... Ugh! This is embarrassing! "

" Yeah um- pretty much that exactly what happened. " Said Sam as she scratched her chicks with her index finger.

" Wow.... Even though there was a ship I rooted for but never did I 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 accepted it to set sail... "

" Ship? " Asked Sam in confusion.

" Forget what I said. "

" Believe it or not, Chloe. " Started Daniel as he stood behind me while giving me a back hug and resting his chin on my bare shoulder side. " I was the third wheel for months. Nice dress by the way. "

" You just noticed?... "

He continued,
" If only you were with me, we could have gone on a double date multiple times. "

" Were you feeling left out? " I asked.

" Oh, you have no idea just how much I was feeling left out. "

" Sorry." I apologized to Daniel and he nodded. " ... By the way, how long have you two been in this relationship? "

" This is our fourth month. " Answered Sam.

" I see. Also, Miguel. "

" Yeah? "

" What happened to the green strips on your bangs? "

" He one day woke up and coloured it out of nowhere. " Said Daniel.

" Yeah. " Agreed Sam with a nod. " Care to tell her the reason? " She indicated to Miguel.

In response he explained,
" Well, by that time we started to get quite popular, I thought that green in my light blonde would make me stand out much more and, as you know, as much as I like our fame I hate being the center of attention just as much so I dyed it in the same shade of blonde as the rest of my hair to avoid that. "

I blinked,
" So you mean you dye your hair so you cannot be the center of attention? That's utterly ridiculous, Tree guy. You literally hide your extraordinary features that you got naturally. You should've highlighted that instead of hiding. "