8. 🖤

HOUSE OF TANIA & KEI

Tania left for a week, she visited her old home town and her parents. She couldn't stand being around Kei, he was bad for her mental health and she needed a clear mind. She however, called him and checked up on him daily. 

She felt so alive at her parent's house. They lived in a tiny house with a garden at the front. The day Tania arrived she was out in the garden watering and admiring the plant's. Ever since she was a little girl she'd helped her mother plant and nurture the plant's and she even made her own little garden. She was a sucker for nature.

She was very close to her parent's and loved them dearly. Her mother asked her to have a morning walk with her and her mother knew that Tania wasn't doing well and asked her what happened. Tania's mom basically raised her and Kyo. Their mom's were friends in school and they were neighbors. Tania told her mother everything.

Her mother loved Kei dearly and knew that he was quite a difficult person but she knows that the love her daughter has for him is like no other. Her daughter deserves happiness and if Kei can't give that to her then maybe he isn't the one. She held Tania as she sobbed. She knew that Kei loved Tania but if he isn't willing to change and Tania decides to move on from him she wouldn't blame her.

••••

day 4 (of the week vacay)

Tania went grocery shopping for her parent's. She wrote a list for them on her device and she picked up everything and had them in the trolley but she decided to get some other things so that they wouldn't have to come back in a week's time. 

She whistled down the aisle and checked for things they might like. She gasped and her hand flew to her mouth.

'Tania?'

'Jay?'

The old friends stared at each other with widened eyes. Other than kei, Jay was a long time friend of Tania who moved since their senior year of high school. They kept in touch for a year since he left but after that they drifted apart. Jay was good friends with them both and they almost made a trio. 

'Wow, you look so different,' he said, eyes roaming over her body.

'So do you' Tania laughed wholeheartedly 

"We have so much catching up to do, oh my god!" he raked his hand through his hair, "wanna grab lunch with me?' 

Tania thought about it and she sent Kei a quick text and agreed to have lunch with Jay. They both departed after finishing and cashing their groceries and decided to meet up at Top notch.

****

Top notch restaurant 

Jay took her to their old chill spot since high school. The place also leveled up since they have last been there. The building was made of board and had many colors to it and the menu mainly consisted of junk food. Now the building was more modern, with glass Windows and comfortable dining areas, less junk food options and now more of a formal date area. 

They sat at a booth where they could see what was happening on the main road. They ordered and waited.

'So Jay, what brings you back here?' Tania inquired 

'My dad's kinda not doing so well lately and I can't get any of them to move out of this small town so I had to come back and see him- I'm not here to stay' Jay sighed 'just wanna make sure the old man is alright'

'Oh, I didn't hear a thing' 

Her parents knew everyone and they told her everything. They were close to Mr. Reynolds and who was normally at their house at least twice a week. Surely they would have known if he wasn't okay.