6. 🖤

KRISTIAN PRIVATE CLINIC

2 week later 

Yenna still haven't told Kyo that she was pregnant and it seemed like he didn't suspect anything. She planned to tell him today after she checked on the baby. She called Kiana & Mya to accompany her to the clinic and they both compiled. 

As they waited Yenna was being a bundle of nerves. Her legs shook uncontrollably and she was rubbing her palms together. Mya noticed and was quietly rubbing her back to comfort her. 

'Mrs Kensington?'

'Go Yenna' kiana ushered at the call of Yenna's name.

Yenna took deep breaths and walked into the ultrasound room.

Yenna normally helped out in the maternity ward at the hospital so she was used to all the procedures. She had friend's from her med school who worked in this clinic so she made an appointment here.

'Hello Yenna' Dr. Rose- a friend of hers said and hugged her 'Congratulations, you and Kyo must be so happy'

'Thank you' Yenna smiled nervously 

Dr. Rose went to get her supplies and Yenna collected herself and layed on the bed and waited. She gently rubbed her belly as she waited. 2 days ago when she checked in the bathroom mirror it looked like she was starting to show. 

Dr. Rose returned and applied the gel on her stomach and began. 

'Look Yenna that's your baby right there, the size of a pea' 

Yenna was in awe and the sound of a heartbeat made tears appear in her eyes.

'Oh!' Dr. Jonas exclaimed all of a sudden

Yenna was getting panicked but then she heard it. There were 2 heart beats. She was having twins.

'The more the merrier' Dr. Jonas laughed 

Yenna was stunned and began to cry loudly. Dr. Jonas offered her comforting words and gave her an estimate of her pregnancy and gave her copies of the ultrasound. Yenna thanked her and returned to her friends with puffy eyes. 

'I'm having twins just like you kia' Yenna said smiling, a genuine one.

Kiana and Mya were both very excited for her and hugged her tightly. 

The doctor told her that she was 8 weeks pregnant and that reassured her enough that the babies are Kyo's. 

HOUSE OF YENNA & KYO

Yenna paced back and forth in the room. Kyo would be home at any moment now and the courage she mustered up to tell him was withering away. She planned to surprise him and she bought a pregnancy  test and took it and placed it in a gift box.

She jumped when she heard the sound of his vehicle pulling up. She took slow and steady breaths to calm the breathing of her heart.

She held the small gift box with the ultrasound photos in it and the test and checked it again and then she sat on the bed and hid the box behind her. An old memory replayed in her head.

....

Yenna finally graduated from college and she cried as she finally held her degree. She graduated with Kiana & Mya and a few other friends and today was the day she have been waiting and praying for since she was 10.

Her boyfriend sat in the isle and looked at her with his biggest smile. Yenna have never seen him smile so much the entire time they have been together. She felt so proud of herself and was glad she had him who encouraged her to push harder to gain all her goals.

Graduation came to an end and so did the celebrations. Yenna wanted nothing more than to lay with Kyo in their little room. All they had was a little room in a small neighbourhood. Yenna didn't mind because she knew one day they'll have greater things.

That night, Kyo placed her tired self in his old beat down car and told her he had somewhere to show her as another present. Yenna curled up in the car seat and dozed off and Kyo took them to their new home.

He combined their savings and bought the loft he saw Yenna stared so graciously at. He wanted Yenna to have everything she desired and he planned to work hard so that she will be comfortable and he's trying his best even though he doesn't have it now.

Yenna woke up by Kyo gently shaking her and she asked him where they were and her eyes widened when he told her it was their new home. She knew this  place and she knew that there was nothing or no one she would ever trade her love for Kyo for.

....

Kyo walked upstairs to their room, exhausted from today. He had a hard day at work because he was dealing with a case that got brought back to life with new evidence and his team was being overworked and pressured. Normally, he was glad to come home to Yenna who was his safe space but lately he dreaded coming home to her. He knew what she did and when he did.

He was surprised to see her up and sitting at the edge of the bed. Waiting. 

'Yenna? Are you okay' he asked

She bit her lip and sighed and stood up. She was getting nervous but she had to do this tonight.

'I have something to tell you…or well show you' she handed him the box and waited.

Kyo's heart picked up its pace and was beating so loudly in his chest. He opened the box and his eyes widened at the contents inside. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out.

'8 weeks' Yenna said, holding his hands and placing them on her stomach. Kyo was at a loss for words. He was happy but he felt sad. He pulled her into a hug. Every thought of what she did, what he did, slipped away from his mind at that moment. Even through everything that's happened it cannot be denied that he loves his wife.

That night he laid with his wife with a clear mind. It sucked to know that your wife cheated with your best friend but he wasn't any better because he did the same and still stood before her. He was sick of all of this and would gladly pretend it never happened. 

His focus will be on the babies and Yenna. 

☆ TANIA ☆