Eshals POV

It's night time now, the time we've been waiting for ever since Femi popped the news to us that she was moving. The last night of her officially in South Heights. Mama even cried a little when she found out Femi is like her second daughter. Talik and Lennox know already, I couldn't catch their reactions. Speaking of Talik, his number pops up on my phone, I answer.
   "Hey T." I say in the phone, Femi looks up at me from her phone and smiles with her wide eyes.
   "Put it on speaker." Femi mouths pointing to her phone. I shake my head no and try not to laugh.
   "Yo Sunshine." Talik says, it sounds like he's in the car from the beeping noise in the background.
   "Hey T." I say smiling.
   "You straight?" He asks meaning if I'm good, if I'm okay.
   "Yes." I say putting the phone on speaker for Femi's satisfaction.
   "Aight, I called you to ask what you up to tomorrow?"
   Femi jumps up and down with the biggest smile on her face. I try not to laugh. I cut my neck with my hand for her to stop.
   She suffocates herself with my pillow to control it, which makes me laugh a little.
   "Nothing why what's up?" I ask, playing it cool.
   "My Ma asked if you were coming to our cookout tomorrow, you too Femi." Talik says like he knew Femi was listening in, how though? Both me and Femi laugh.
   "Of course Talik, we're coming." Femi says looking at me.
   "Aight, see you later Sunshine." Talik says, he says Sunshine in his deep voice. For a second there I thought he was going to ask me on a date. Why am I kind of disappointed he didn't ask me on a date.
   "Bye." Is all I say before hanging up.
   Femi crosses her arms and throws her phone down on my bed.
   "I swear it sounded like he was going to ask you on a date." Femi says disappointed, rolling her eyes.
   "Girl Talik is not trying to talk to me, it's just a stupid nickname." I say pushing past the fact he didn't ask me out. Why do I care?
   "We both know Talik has been tryna get at you!" Femi yells laughing like I'm the delusional one.
   "Talik just jokes around with me, have you seen his ex's? I'm clearly not his type." I say, downgrading myself almost, but hey a type is a type.
   His type are girls with long weave, lashes, loads of makeup, and nice clothes like dresses and shirts from those boujee online boutiques.
   "Girl that don't mean anything, we gonna get you cute tonight for this party." Femi says getting up beginning to go through my closet. After only a few seconds of her pulling out items of my clothes and making the hangers scratch against the rod, she gives up.
   "Okay, how about we get you something out of my bag." Femi says.
   "I was gonna tell you to do that at first but I wanted to see you get your hopes up." I admit. Femi laughs, that's when I remember she's moving.
   "So your parents are back together huh?" I ask sitting criss-crossed on my bed. Femi pulls out some tight long and short dresses in different colors.
   "Yeah, I'm happy for them but I'm gonna miss y'all. Them Northside bitches gonna be sweating me bout where I'm coming from, I don't belong there you know? I belong here with y'all at cookouts and parties on Hartsock, 45th street, and Dunlap." Femi says with a smile on her face. Damn, she's really moving.
   "I'll kick they asses if they fuck with you though." I say kicking my foot in the air. Femi bursts out laughing.
   "Them rich white girls ain't gone try nothing but ask me if I eat watermelon and fried chicken." Femi says laughing, I laugh some more with her to the point my stomach starts hurting.
   "Nah but for real, I'm going to miss y'all asses." Femi says as her laugh fades a little, so does mine. I try and change the subject,
   "Yeah, well let's see these dresses." I say getting up.
   First : Black tight and spaghetti straps.
   Second : White no straps, tight as hell.
   Third : Grey with one long sleeve, tight as hell.
I like the grey one. It would fit well with my bob, so I point to it.
   "I was thinking the same thing." Femi says. I'm surprised I'm even going through with this. I know Talik is going to be at the party and I want him to notice me.
   My baggy clothes are nice and expensive but under is something he's never seen before, or anyone else besides Femi when I have on shorts and a tank top.
   I look in the mirror, this dress hugs every single one of my curves and reveals my slimness. My butt pokes a little too, I comb my bob and flat iron it some more making it silky. I tuck one side behind my ear and leave the other side hanging. I put some lashes and lip gloss on which I wear every once and awhile.
   I wonder if other guys will notice me. I smile showing my diamond sitting on my left top tooth, it gives me a little more confidence somehow. I've never really seen this part of me in full effect. I'm liking it.