Final Part

Danni excelled at being a mother to Nicolai, her maternal instincts stronger and running deeper than she ever thought possible, but then everything vampires feel is on a much deeper level compared to their human counterparts. Danni would bake cakes and cookies with Nicolai, something that he loved as he got to eat their creations. Demetri would often watch his mate and son baking together, painting together and playing games together. Danni even taught him how play the different card and board games that she played as a child so he could join in with them. Nicolai liked to call this family game time and Demetri couldn't help smiling as he got to experience the family life he never thought he would once he became immortal.

Caius and Athenodora were pleased to hear that Danni and Demetri agreed to nurture both his human and vampire sides as this meant he got to experience the best of both worlds. Athenodora offered to bake with Nicolai one cloudy Wednesday afternoon "Can you bake Nana?" "Not really sweetie but I can read and therefore can follow the recipes from your cookbooks" She replied smiling down at him "Ok, we'll start with a simple Chocolate cake recipe" Nicolai responded with a smile of his own as he took his Nana's hand and walked beside her to the kitchen.

Caius decided to see how his wife and grandson were getting on in the kitchen and walked in to find her blue dress covered in flour and a streak of flour on her cheek. Nicolai had some chocolate around his lips but they both looked happy as they decorated the cake. Caius chuckled low to himself but due to their vampire hearing Athenodora and Nicolai heard him and looked up. "Look Grandpa, we're nearly finished with our cake" "I can see, it looks delicious" He replied "It's a shame Nana and I can't help you eat it" "I've told him he has to share the cake with the new Secretary Lori especially as we have some Chocolate chunk cookies in the oven" "Sounds like a good idea darling" Caius replied smiling and Nicolai nodded in agreement.

Around the end of July Aro received a wedding invitation from Alice Cullen announcing that Bella Swan and Edward Cullen were to be married on August 13th although Caius was not happy to hear the news as he knew this was the Cullen's way of delaying Bella's transformation further by having a wedding first. Aro on the other hand was excited to hear of the nuptials even if this was the Cullen's way of announcing that Bella was to become one of them. "I'm going to guess that Danni hasn't received an invitation or even been notified of the upcoming wedding" Marcus mused aloud "Seeing as they cut her out of their lives months ago, I doubt it" Caius replied "I think we should be the ones tell her" Aro said and his brothers nodded in agreement "I agree. I won't have secrets kept from her" Caius replied, his protectiveness coming to the surface, knowing that the news would likely upset her. "Can I be there when you tell her please?" Demetri asked as he and Felix were the only other vampires in the room "Of course my dear boy" Marcus replied "Thank you master. This news is likely to upset her, especially after being cut out of her family's lives" Demetri replied.

Danni was quiet over the next few days and everyone knew why and didn't question her about it, they just let her be. Danni kept Nicolai close during these few days too, choosing to spend time with him alone. During one their shopping trips, Nicolai finds a 'World's Best Daddy' mug "Mummy can I get this for Daddy please?" He asked pointing to the mug. Danni smiled before answering "Of course you can sweetie, He'll love it" "Thank you Mummy" Nicolai replied and hugged her legs.

Later that night after his shift ended, Demetri returned to his room and saw Danni and Nicolai waiting for him, a blue and silver gift bag sitting on the coffee table. "Hello mi amore..." He kissed Danni's cheek "...Hi buddy" He kissed his son's hair before taking a seat beside them on the sofa. "Hi Daddy, this is for you" Nicolai said with a big grin on his face, pointing to the gift bag. "Hi babe" Danni replied smiling as Demetri reached over and opened the gift bag to reveal the mug inside. Danni and Nicolai watched as a big smile appeared on Demetri's face, his eyes becoming glassy with unshed tears "Thank you so much buddy. I love it and you very much" He lifted his son onto his lap and hugged him close, placing a kiss on his hair.