Part Nine

Danni found herself staring at the ring on her finger 'It's so beautiful' she thought and smiled to herself "What are thinking about mi amore?" Demetri asks sitting beside her on the sofa "I was just looking at my ring, it's so beautiful, thank you" She replied kissing him "I'm glad you like it so much" He kissed her lips and wrapped his arms around her. "I'm going to find Gianna, Heidi, Chelsea and Jane. I want to tell them our news and show them my beautiful ring that my gorgeous fiancé got me" Danni said kissing him and he smiled at her.

Danni found Gianna at her desk and Heidi and Chelsea in the kitchen "Congratulations hunny" Gianna said when Danni told her Demetri had proposed. "Wow, the ring is gorgeous" Heidi said "Congratulations. What a beautiful ring. That man has good taste" Chelsea adds smiling. Danni told Jane that evening once Jane came off guard duty and she also loved the engagement ring and congratulated them both.

A few days later Demetri was on guard duty when Athenodora and Sulpicia entered the throne room with Corin and Afton catching the three Kings and the guards by surprise "We are going to see Danni and will be in her room for the remainder of the day" Athenodora says firmly "Afton, Corin you are not required to join us" Sulpicia added as she and Athenodora left the throne room and made their way to see Danni.

There was a knock on the door "Come in" Danni called not bothering to get up off the sofa. "Hello my child and congratulations on your engagement and the baby" Athenodora greeted sitting beside Danni and wrapping an arm around her for a quick hug. Sulpicia sat on Danni's other side and gave her a quick hug too "Hello my dear. How are you feeling today?" "Temperature wise I'm fine, although both the baby and I are thirsty" Danni replied getting up "Sit back down. I can sort getting you and the baby a drink" Athenodora said getting up and walking to the door. "Guards!" She shouted and Afton appeared moments later "Yes mil lady" "Please bring Danni some juice and blood bags, her and the baby are thirsty" She instructed "Of course I'll be right back" He bowed and made his way to the kitchen.

"That is a beautiful ring" Athenodora said "What did you expect from Demetri?" Sulpicia said when they saw the sapphire and diamond engagement ring.

"Afton" Caius called as he passed the throne room "Why was my wife shouting for a guard?" "Danni and the baby are thirsty and the wives don't want Danni getting up to get the drinks, so I have been asked to do so" He answered "Well don't keep them waiting" Caius said sternly. Demetri couldn't help smiling, feeling amused that the wives are making sure Danni is being catered for in his absence, the way they are on a daily basis by the guards.

Afton returned with a few blood bags, a carton of orange juice and a glass "Can I get you anything else?" He asked "No thank you. You are dismissed" Sulpicia said waving her hand to dismiss him and he left the room.

"So baby names. What have you got so far?" Athenodora asked. "We haven't actually discussed baby names, in fact we haven't done much to prepare for our son's arrival" Danni replied quietly. "You have less than two weeks left child. Come on bring your laptop, we have work to do" Athenodora said helping Danni off the sofa. Sulpicia picked up the drinks and followed her sister and Danni out of the room knowing exactly where they were going.

The wives and Danni entered the throne room, again surprising the Kings and the guards. "Demetri, you are needed for a meeting in Caius' study. You too my dear. Now come along" Athenodora said looking at Caius, leading Danni out of the throne room and down the hall to his study. "Come on Demetri, you heard my wife we are being summoned" Caius said as he crossed the room to leave "Yes master" He replied bowing his head and following Caius out of the room. "What is that about my dear?" Aro asked his wife "Athenodora just learnt they haven't picked a name for their son nor have they prepared much for his arrival. So Athenodora is taking charge" Sulpicia replied, amusement clear in her voice "Oh my, that will be an interesting chat" Aro sounded amused too. "They're first-time parents they'll work it out, I'm sure. After all, finding out Danni was pregnant was a shock for everyone" Marcus said sympathetically.