Part Three

The following day after breakfast they got comfortable and Danni put on The Vampire Diaries and they began watching them. Demetri was slightly envious that these vampires could go out in the sun without sparkling and without bursting into flames as long as they had a special ring, thinking how much simpler it would be if he could go out with Danni without having to worry about exposing his world to the humans. "You know there's a flaw to having a daylight ring, if it is lost or stolen then the vampire can't go out during the day without getting burnt" She turned to look at him and smiled "How did you...?" "I didn't, I just kind of guessed. I mean we can't go out during the day unless it's overcast with no chance of you sparkling or we're inside the castle gardens. Not that I mind" She said cutting him off "I know but I do feel bad for you though" He said sounding a bit sad "Don't, I sit on the balcony or go to the gardens. It's fine really. I think of it as practice" She smiled at him and he smiled back "Practice?" He asked curious "Yes practice for when I'm immortal and can't go out in the sun" 'Funny little human' he thought to himself smiling.

There was a knock on the door and it opened before either of them could say anything "How's my favourite vampire/human couple doing?" Felix asked smiling as he entered the room. "Danni and I are watching one of her favourite shows on her laptop and I am feeling better, thanks for asking mate" Demetri answered. Danni tried not to laugh at his sassy remark. "Glad you're feeling better. What you watching?" Felix responded. "The Vampire Diaries. Here take a seat" Danni said patting the spot beside her on the bed and she moved closer to Demetri. "Don't mind if I do" Felix smirked as Demetri growled low at his friend. "Stop that" Danni put her hand on Demetri's chest and tapped it lightly. This caused Felix to smirk again whilst Demetri just held her closer to him. "These are better watched on a TV but I think my laptop's a good substitute and it gives Demetri and I something else do but read of an evening and during his time off" "It does" Demetri agreed with her, pleased to hear she liked spending time with him. Felix smiled "Glad you're settling in well Danni."

The following morning Alec knocked on the door "You are both needed in the throne room in five minutes" "Ok, we'll be right behind you" Demetri responded. Danni took hold of Demetri's hand as they made their way to the throne room "Do you think everything is ok?" She asked him "I don't know amore as I've been off duty for a week, but I'm sure it's fine" "Ok" He felt her grip tighten on his hand and gave her hand a gentle squeeze to try and reassure her.

"Ahh, Demetri and Danni. So glad you could join us" Aro greeted with a smile. "Danni if you wouldn't mind, please come and stand by Caius?" "Of course Aro" She nodded her head respectfully. She looked at Demetri and he smiled at her as they made their way up the steps, Danni to stand beside Caius' throne and Demetri took his place behind Marcus' as usual. "Don't worry my boy, she'll be safer up here with us" Aro said to Demetri "Yes master."

Danni noticed Jane and Alec standing behind Aro's throne and Felix behind Caius'. Just then the throne room doors opened and the room quickly filled with vampires. 'So many vampires' Danni thought to herself, feeling a little nervous. "You're safe up here, I promise" Felix said low enough only for her to hear. Once the throne room doors closed Aro spoke "Thank you for attending this castle meeting. We have gathered you all here as we have some important things to discuss with you" The vampires looked a bit surprised at this but stayed quiet all the same. Danni figured that there were not many castle meetings judging by the reaction of the room.

Aro sat back down on this throne and Caius stood up and made his way to the front of the steps taking Danni with him "Firstly, I would like to introduce you all to the newest member of our family Daniella Swan. Although some of you may know her as Danni." He said looking down at her smiling. "Secondly, yes, she is human and no she is not a new secretary. Danni is in fact Demetri's mate and will be treated just as any other mate of the guard would be, with respect and bearing in mind she is fragile compared to us, if anyone harms her in any way or even thinks of harming her, I will personally rip you apart, have you put back together and ripped apart again by Demetri. IS THAT CLEAR?!" He shouted the last part. "Yes master" Came the reply from the room full of vampires "Dismissed. Back to your duties" Caius added and the throne room emptied very quickly.