Part Eight

The following day Danni woke alone and found a note on Demetri's pillow

Good morning mi amore,

Felix, Jane and I had to leave early for a last-minute mission and I did not want to wake you.

Alec has offered to keep you company for the few days we'll be gone.

I will text you later, have a good day.

All my love, Demi

Alec arrived with breakfast and snacks as Danni stepped out the closet dressed in leggings and a top "I thought we could have a movie day as the others are away and I have today off" He said grinning and getting comfortable on the sofa in front of the fireplace. Danni sat down beside him "Thank you for breakfast and a movie day sounds good" They watched some Disney films during the day, before switching to scary movies for the evening. Danni hid her face in Alec's chest at the scary parts and he stroked her hair comforting her "It's ok, you can look now" Although sometimes even he felt a bit scared or creeped out, not that he would admit it.

Danni heard a faint buzzing noise about 10.30pm and picked her phone up off the coffee table to see a text from Demetri:

Hi darling, I just wanted to check in, we're currently in Russia, tracking a couple of newborns causing trouble. How are you? What have you done today? Love Demi

Danni smiled reading his text and replied straight back.

Hi babe, glad you got there safe, good luck with the mission. I'm ok but I'm missing you. Alec and I have had a movie day – we watched Disney movies during the day and we've been watching scary movies this evening. Love Danni xx

Glad you've had a good day with Alec. I'm missing you too. What are the x's at the end of your text?

The x's are kisses babe xx

Oh ok. That's sweet and good to know. I'll text you again tomorrow darling. Goodnight love Demi xx

Ok. Goodnight love Danni xx

Danni fell asleep, her head resting on Alec's arm. He gently lifted her up and put her in bed tucking her in. "Goodnight Danni" He whispered and made his way back to the sofa and put on Dracula to watch, turning the volume down so not to disturb Danni.

Danni woke the next day to find Alec reading on the sofa "Good morning, what do you fancy for breakfast?" "Not sure, let's go to the kitchen" She replied. Danni checked her phone to see a text from Demetri

Good morning Darling, hope you slept well. Hope you have a good day. Love you, Demi xx

Morning Babe, I slept ok, although not as good as when you're beside me. Hope you have a good day tracking. Love you too, Danni xx

Danni and Alec made their way to the kitchen to find Gianna making bacon and eggs "Would you like some?" "Yes please Gianna, thank you" "What have you got planned for today?" Gianna asked "Reading in the garden, followed by movies" Alec replied smiling.

The following afternoon Demetri came home and made his way to his and Danni's room "Danni?" "On the balcony" He crossed the room and stepped onto the balcony to see Danni lying on a blanket in a blue bikini sunbathing. He removed his cloak, jacket, shirt and shoes and laid down beside her "You know you'll get a better tan if you take your trousers off" She says smiling, he laughed at this "I best remove them then" "Yes, you better" He removed his trousers and socks and laid back down beside her "Better?" "Much" She replied rolling onto her side to kiss his cheek. "I missed you" "I missed you too cara" He kissed her lips soundly. "I'll be back in a sec" Danni said getting up and Demetri nodded "I'll be here waiting for you."