Part Ten

The following morning Jane knocks on Demetri's door gently "Hi, how are you and Danni doing?" "Danni's doing well, see for yourself. I'm ok, thanks to Gianna giving me advice on how to care for my son. I'm just getting a bit impatient regarding Danni's transformation, I just want her to wake up" He says "One day down, two to go and then you'll have forever together. I can already see some physical changes to her after just one day" Jane says as she stands over the crib. "You can pick him up Jane" Demetri said grinning "Thank you. Come here little one" Jane coos at Nicolai as she picks him up wrapping him in his blanket and making her way to the sofa. 'He smells like chocolate with a hint of peppermint' she thinks to herself looking at Nicolai. Jane spends the day helping Demetri take care of Nicolai, giving him some time to sit beside Danni and read to her, this acting as a distraction for both him and Danni or so he hoped.

Alec came to visit in the afternoon "Hi Demetri how's are things" "Jane hasn't put my son down since she arrived this morning, so I have been reading to Danni trying to distract us both. I hate knowing and seeing that she's in pain even if she is trying not to show how much it hurts" "I'm glad Danni is handling her transformation well" Alec replied "It's my turn to hold him now I'm here, please sister." Alec said sitting beside Jane and waiting for her to hand him Nicolai. Demetri was a little surprised that the twins wanted to be around his son as much as they did, not he minded though.

Meanwhile Danni is going through her transformation. Her body felt like it was fire, every nerve ending burning as her blood was being replaced with venom, Demetri's venom. She couldn't help the random thoughts running through her head. 'I felt Demi kiss my neck before he bit me letting his venom enter my system. I know that Heidi, Chelsea and Gianna changed me into a clean dress and brushed my hair for me and that Felix carried me back here. This is too much I don't know if I can do this.' "I love you so much cara mia" She hears Demetri say softly in her ear. 'I can do this. I have do this... for Demi, for Nicolai.' She tries to lay as still as possible despite the pain she is in, knowing that Demetri would feel bad enough that he is the reason she is going through this right now. She tries to focus on Demetri's voice as he reads to her, hoping to distract herself from the burning pain that's tearing through her entire body.

On the third day of Danni's transformation Demetri took Nicolai to Heidi's room "Can you watch Nicolai for me? Danni should wake up today and I'd like to take her hunting before she sees him again" "Of course I can, just come and find us when you're ready" Heidi responds smiling "Hello little one, ready to spend the day with auntie Heidi?" Nicolai coos in response; Demetri chuckled as it would seem that his son has awakened the maternal side within all the females in the castle.

Demetri returned to his and Danni's shared room and stood at the balcony doors looking out over the garden waiting for Danni to wake up. Her heartbeat had slowed right down now so he knew it would be soon. Danni's heart stopped beating and Demetri looked over his shoulder to see her open her now bright ruby red eyes. She could see everything more clearly, including the little dust particles in the air and she could feel the individual threads on the Egyptian cotton duvet cover beneath her.

It took her a moment to adjust to this new sight, then a scent she had never smelt before flooded her senses 'sandalwood and citrus' Her eyes scanned the room and they fell on Demetri and she smiled wide, getting off the bed and running into his arms. She threw her arms around his neck and held him close "Oomph. You're a lot stronger than I am now, so it's your turn not to break me mi amore" Demetri said into her ear "Sorry Demi" She pulled back a little as he took in her appearance, his eyes looking her up and down "You're absolutely stunning baby" He ran his fingers through her hair that was now longer, brighter and fuller than before. He leant down and kissed her lips. "We're the same temperature now Dem" She said smiling holding his hand in hers and he nods "I'll have to get used to that" He chuckles "I'm so used to you being warm, but I'm so happy that I get to spend forever with you" "I love you Demi" She kisses him soundly on the mouth "I love you too."