Part Two

The next morning Demetri took Danni to the kitchen for breakfast and Gianna placed a plate of pancakes with Strawberries on the table for herself and Danni. Demetri sat next to Danni whilst she ate "Once you're finished I want to show something" "Ok" Danni responded with a smile, curious at what he wanted to show her.

Demetri held out his hand to Danni and she slipped her warm hand into his cold one without hesitation and followed Demetri through the castle and out to the garden. "I have a promise to keep cara mia" He spoke softly and led her to a bench at the far end of the garden. Danni took a seat and looked up at Demetri who was rolling up his sleeves. He then stepped nearer to her so he was in the sun and his skin started to sparkle. "Wow, it's like diamonds" Danni said quietly as she stood up and stepped closer to him. "May I?" He nodded and watched as Danni run her hands up and down his forearms "It feels so smooth" She says as she lifts his hands in the air slightly. Demetri chuckled and looked down, if he were human he'd be blushing slightly. "Thank you, I think" "Sorry" She responded almost immediately "Don't be, it's ok to be curious. This is why we don't go out in the sun it would expose us to the humans" "Yep it definitely would" She replied. Demetri then rolled his sleeves back down and motioned for Danni to sit back on the bench and took a seat beside her. They spent the rest of the day in the garden talking, getting to know one another a little better. Gianni bought out some food for Danni at lunch time.

Demetri led Danni to the kitchen for dinner "I'll come back for you once you're done, I have something to do quickly" Danni nodded and then tucked into the chicken salad Gianna had prepared for them and they spoke about their days. Danni enjoyed having another human around to talk to and Gianna felt the same way.

Demetri returned sometime later and escorted Danni back to their room and once inside he led her to the bathroom. "I hope the temperature is ok for you" He nodded in the direction of the bathtub. "You ran me a bath?" "Yes, I wanted to do something nice for you. I have to leave for a mission tomorrow morning, I should be back in a few days" He replied softly "Thank you, that's really thoughtful" She says leaning up to kiss his cheek before facing the mirror and began to put her hair up. Demetri smiled at this little bit of affection from her. "You're welcome." He left the bathroom giving Danni privacy to undress and get into the bath.

After five minutes there was a knock on the door "Yea" Danni said in response. Demetri opened the door and popped his head in "I thought I might wash your hair for you? Unless that's weird? ... Don't worry, forget I asked" Demetri seemed flustered, less confident than normal and went to close the door. "I'd...I'd like that, thank you" She placed a washcloth over her chest and he nodded and entered the room grabbing the shampoo and conditioner from the vanity unit and began to untie her hair. Once her hair was loose, he started washing her hair and began to gently massage her head/scalp. Danni closed her eyes enjoying the feeling of his hands in her hair "Mmm" She sighed and he smiled and continued his actions. "Lean forward darling" He says softly as he moves her hair to the side and picks up a second washcloth and begins to wash her back. Danni leans forward bringing her knees to her chest "Thank you" She replies softly "You're welcome. Once you're ready for bed I thought I might read you some more of the book we started last night" "Sounds good" She replies. Demetri nods and leaves the bathroom allowing Danni to dry off and get dressed.

When Danni entered the bedroom, she found Demetri sitting under the duvet with the book in his hand ready. Danni walked over to the bed and climbed in beside him and got comfortable. He read to her until he knew she had fallen asleep, he put the book on the nightstand and picked up his own book to finish. He leant over and placed a kiss on her forehead "Goodnight mi amore."

Danni woke the next morning to find a note on her nightstand.

Good morning Danni,

You looked so peaceful and I did not want to wake you.