Part Five

Danni woke the next morning to find she was in Demetri's arms and she was in no rush to move away from him. "Morning, did you sleep well?" He asked "Mmm" She hummed in response "You?" She smiled looking at him over her shoulder and he smiled back at her "I did" He replied, playing along. She nodded in response and snuggled back into him, enjoying the feeling of being in his arms. He tightened his grip slightly and kissed her hair. He vowed to himself to make sure that he holds her whilst she sleeps more often.

"What are you up to today Dem?" "Nothing this morning. Felix and I are training the lower guards this afternoon, and then I am on duty in the throne room this evening. I won't be back till later tonight." He replied "Ok. Can we spend the morning cuddling then?" She asked "Of course, although I will leave briefly to get you breakfast" He replied "Just be sure to hurry back."

"Can I come to the training session with you?" Danni called from the bathroom "No. It's too dangerous" Demetri called back "Please Dem. Don't leave me on my own all day. I promise I won't get in the way" "Danni that's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about you being in a room full of vampires. It's my job to keep you safe" He placed a hand to her cheek "It's not your job Dem, your job is being an Elite Volturi Guard and anyway I will be safe, I'll be with you" She smiled at him then kissed his cheek. Demetri knew then he couldn't say no to her "Ok, you can come with me, but you do exactly as I say. Understand?" "Yes. Thank you" She was excited and gave him a quick kiss. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her into him kissing her, a soft moan left Danni's lips and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Demetri smiled against her lips and then deepened the kiss wrapping his other arm around her holding her to his chest.

Demetri took Danni's hand in his as they made their way down to the training room. Santiago and Felix were already there with some of the lower guards. Demetri led Danni over to the benches on the right side of the room "Afternoon Santiago, Felix." "Demetri" They both replied. "Good afternoon Danni, it's nice to see you again" "Afternoon Josh" Danni replied walking over to the bench where Josh was sitting and taking a seat beside him "Danni stay beside Josh please" Demetri said smiling at her and Josh and she nodded in response.

Demetri made his way over to Felix "Let me guess Danni has come to watch the training session?" "Yes. Yes, she has" Demetri replied to Felix, who was smirking "Couldn't say no to her huh?" Felix nudged his arm gently "Shut up" Demetri said getting into position at the front of the room.

"You staying to watch the training session?" Santiago asked "Yes I am. Demetri said I can watch as long as I do what he says" Santiago nodded and took a seat next to Danni "Don't move from my side or Josh's unless I say otherwise" He said and Danni nodded "Ok" Demetri smiled knowing she was safe with Santiago and Josh.

As the rest of the lower and transitory guards arrived they noticed the scent of a human, Danni more specifically, coming from inside the training room. "Listen up!" Demetri shouted getting the room's attention "My mate Danni is here watching us today as she wanted to see a Vampire training session. If any of you even think of harming her, let alone attempt to, I'll rip your heads off! Is that understood?" "Yes" "Yes sir" Came the replies from the room.

Danni watched as Demetri explained what he wanted the guards to do and then he and Felix gave a demonstration. "You two you're up" Felix said as he pointed to two guards. Danni watched as they re-enacted the demonstration although at times they moved so quick Danni struggled to keep track of the 'fight'. Demetri stood with his hands behind his back watching the guards "Not good enough! If you did that in a real fight you'd be dead! Again!" Demetri shouted when needed as the guards teamed up in pairs to 'fight'.

"Training's over. Pick up any limbs that need reattaching" Felix called out. The session had lasted a few hours and Danni was amazed at how many limbs got tore off and needed to be reattached. Demetri walked over to where Danni was on the bench "What did you think?" He asked "Wow! You were amazing. I couldn't keep track of the some of the guards or the dismembered limbs but it was interesting to watch. Thank you for letting me sit in on the session" Danni stood up and moved so she was standing in front of him "Thank you cara, it's years and years of combat training and experience in the field" Danni felt uneasy when she heard that he'd been in fights for real "Do-do you have to fight often when you're away?" She asked worry evident in her eyes "Only when necessary and I am not usually alone in those situations. I usually have Felix and the twins with me and sometimes even the transitory guards. Ok?" Demetri responded pulling her into him, he felt her nod against his chest. He lifted her head so he was looking at her "I have to go to the throne room now with Felix and Santiago. So I will see you later tonight" He placed a quick kiss to her lips. "Josh, please see that Danni makes it back to our room safely" "Of course Demetri. Come on Danni, we'll swing by the kitchen to grab you a snack or something" "See you later Demi" Danni said before placing a kiss to his cheek. "Can we say hi to Gianna on the way? I'd like to make plans to see her at dinner" She asked Josh as they left the training room "Of course we can" Josh replied.