Part One

March 2006 Daniella and Bella go with Alice to save Edward in Volterra, Italy.

Edward starts to step outside without his shirt on when Bella runs into his arms, asking to him to open his eyes and to go back inside. "I needed to make you see me one last time so you don't feel guilty. I can let you go now" Bella says to Edward, his hold on her tightens a little as he replies "I love you and I can't live in a world where you're not in it." Edward captures Bella's lips in a loving kiss as Demetri and Felix enter the hallway and make their way towards them "I won't be needing your services after all gentlemen" Edward tells them "Still we should take this conversation to a more appropriate venue" Demetri replies. Edward nods and says to Bella "Go and enjoy the festival" "The girl comes with us" Felix says without missing a beat "No. Go to hell" Edward replies.

The large doors burst open as Alice enters with a human close behind her. "Come on gentlemen, you don't want to cause a scene" Alice states with a smile and removes her sunglasses and scarf. "You wouldn't" Felix replies. Demetri ignores the conversation between his friend and the female vampire as his eyes focus on the girl standing behind Alice. She has dark blonde wavy hair and light blue eyes. He feels a slight burning in his throat and a strange pull towards her; the need to hold her, protect her and then he realises he is looking at his mate. The mate he had given up all hope of ever finding after 1000 years alone. He feels very protective of her and keeps his hand on her back as they all follow Jane, making their way to the throne room to meet with Aro, Caius and Marcus.

Once in the throne room Demetri keeps the girl next to him with his hand still on her back. Aro takes Edward's hand seeing his thoughts and the fact that Bella and her sister are immune to his gift. Aro steps back and asks "I'd like to see if Bella & Daniella are immune to my gift too" Demetri tenses slightly at this, keeping her in his line of sight the entire time whilst observing the interaction between Aro, Edward, Bella and Daniella. Aro then states he cannot read Bella or Daniella's minds, and wonders if they are immune to Jane's gift too. Jane is frustrated that her gift did not affect Bella and then turns her attention to Daniella.

During Jane's attempt on his mate Demetri moves closer to her ready to catch her and hold her in his arms should she fall to the floor as Edward had done just moments ago. Aro laughs as he realises both girls appear to be immune to all their gifts. Demetri immediately goes to Daniella and pulls her into his side; protectively wrapping an arm around her waist, quietly purring relieved to have her close again. Daniella felt a little confused that the vampire beside her was holding her so close considering what Edward had them about the Volturi and their disregard for humans.

Edward and Felix then fight as Edward tries to stop Felix from killing Bella. Felix has Edward kneeling on the throne steps with his head in his hands ready to remove it, when Bella cries out "Kill me, kill me, not him, not him" Aro holds his hand up to stop Felix and then looks to Bella "You would give up your life for someone like us, a soulless monster?" "You don't know a thing about his soul" replies Bella.

After Alice shows Aro her vision of Bella becoming one of them, he then turns his attention to Daniella "What are we going to do with you?" She stiffens in Demetri's hold and he growls at Aro holding her even closer to him. Marcus recognises the mate bond and calls out "Brother" getting Aro's attention, before getting up from his throne and offering his hand to Aro. Aro sees Marcus' thoughts and sees that the girl in Demetri's arms is indeed Demetri's mate.

Edward having read Aro's mind looks back at Daniella and says "I'm sorry." She looks at Aro and then up at Demetri as his grip tightens slightly around her waist. Demetri leans down and whispers in her ear "Mine" He rests his head on hers, breathing in her scent, as Aro announces the news to everyone in the room. "It would seem that our dear Demetri has finally found his mate." Daniella gasps in shock and mutters sarcastically "Great. I'm gonna have to learn to say no to you and your ideas Bells" Bella doesn't say anything, still trying to process the information herself. Edward nods, confirming Aro's declaration.