The Messenger

Y/N POV

I awoke to the sound of my door being thrown open. I quickly sat up in bed, alarmed. however, I relaxed seeing it was one of the imp servants my father had. "Forgive my intrusion, your Highness, but your father has requested to see you," The imp said, shutting my door behind him and walking over to the massive wardrobe in my room.

"I-I'm not decent," I replied, holding my blankets tightly over myself, an embarrassed blush spreading across my face.

The imp simply raised an eyebrow, glancing down at my lap and back up. "The Scarlet King requests your audience immediately," The imp repeats himself.

"C-can you wait outside my door while I get dressed?" I asked.

The imp sighed and nodded his head "As you wish, your Highness," The imp said, exiting my room and closing the door behind him.

Once the door closed, I got out of bed and walked to the wardrobe to get dressed. I examined the various clothing options I have, however none of them are my style. I opted for a black shirt with some plain black pants. I also grabbed a cloak and threw it on over my shirt, since my father forbade me to wear a sweatshirt, a cloak would be the next best thing.

After getting dressed, I exit my room and quietly walk behind the imp as he leads me to my father's throne room. Walking down the hallway that leads to the throne room, we pass by the portrait of myself and my mother, glancing at it as we pass by.

"Here you are, Your Highness," The imp says, opening the massive doors to the throne room and gesturing for me to enter. After walking in, he closes the doors behind me, not following me in.

My father sits atop his massive throne of melted-down weapons and armor, looking down at me. Volatile stands at the foot, watching me as I approach

"Good morning Y/N. Did you sleep well?" My father asked.

"What did you call me here for?" I answered his question with a question of my own, not wanting to partake in small talk or pleasantries.

My father frowned at my disinterest in engaging in small talk but moved on to answer my question. "You will be visiting Octavia today. I figured that you would want to spend time with your future wife," My father replied.

"Oh, alright. I'm fine with that," I responded, happy that for a few hours, I could escape this hell. A thought crept into my head. What if I could use Octavia to get a message to Loona? I wasn't able to text Loona or message her on any platform since my father had decided to cut any service I had to my phone.

My father smiled, happy that he didn't have to fight me on this. "I'm glad you're enthusiastic about this. You'll be leaving in an hour. I'll have Volatile and some of the Royal Guard to escort you there and back,"

My happiness of escape disappeared once I heard Volatile would accompany me. I really didn't want to have to be around him more than I already had to be.

Volatile said nothing in response to this information. He just stayed silent, watching me through his helmet.

"I'll have one of my tailors come to your room to make sure you dress appropriately for a prince of the House of Scarlet," My father said, causing me to look back up at him.

Not wanting to repeat what occurred the last time I tried to argue with my father, I begrudgingly nodded my head.

"Good. Now go get ready, the tailor will be at your room shortly," My father smiled, waving his hand. As if on cue, Volatile walks across the throne room, pushing the doors open and leaving the room. I look back at him, tilting my head in confusion.