Ambush

Loona POV

I sat at my desk reception desk, scrolling through Sinstagram on my phone, bored as always. I switched over to my messaging app and texted Tex, one of my closet friends

Loona: I'm so fucking bored at work. I wish I was literally anywhere else

Tex: It can't be that bad, I mean you get to sit at your desk all day and scroll on your phone. I'm always following around my boss and making sure no one attacks her. Plus you only got like 3 more hours until you get off. Speaking of, do you still need a ride to go to Bee's party after work?

I start typing out my response, however, I'm interrupted by Blitzø, talking to me. "Alright Loony, we got a contract to take care of and I'm gonna need your amazing sense of smell on this one." He said. I look up from my phone, giving him an annoyed look.

"Do I have to?" I asked, annoyed that I had to get up.

"Oh come on Loony, it'll be a fun time. I can let you kill him." Blitzø said, trying to sound enticing with the last part. I rolled my eyes and put my phone in my pocket, standing up.

"Fine," I said, still annoyed. Millie walks into the room followed by Moxxie, looking shy as always. Millie had her massive red axe resting on her shoulder and Moxxie had one of his many guns.

"Plus, we need someone to bring us back after we kill the bitch" Blitzø said.

"I could just-" I began to say but was cut off by Blitzø again.

"Open the portal loony toony" Blitzø says. Rolling my eyes again, I open the book that Stolas lends to Blitzø and cast the spell to open a portal to the living world. We walk through the portal into a clearing in the middle of a forest. "Alright, Loony, find the human so we can put a bullet in his brain," Blitzø said, smiling. I sigh annoyed and bend down to the ground, sniffing it to see if I can smell anything.

"U-uh, sir?" Moxxie asked.

"Shut up Moxxie, Loona is trying to find a scent," Blitzø replied, watching me sniff the ground. It was oddly hard to find the scent of a human. I couldn't find one. What I did find though, was the scent of a hellhound. Weird. I tilt my head confused.

"S-sir?" Moxxie tried getting Blitzø's attention again.

"I said shut up Moxxie," Blitzø replied, then turned back to me, noticing my confusion. "What is-" Blitzø started to say but was interrupted by Moxxie diving at him, tackling him to the ground. "What the fuck Mox?!" Blitzø shouted as Moxxie got off of him.

"Look, sir!" Moxxie said, pointing toward something. Everyone looked at what he was pointing to see the glint of something metallic coming from that direction. We didn't have time to ask what it was before we heard a bullet hit Millie's Axehead, an inch away from her actual head.

"Fuck!! Scatter!!" Blitzø shouted and ran in one direction. Millie and Moxxie ran in another direction and I ran in a third direction. All three of us ran into different parts of the woods. Super intelligent decision Dad. Everyone is so fucking stupid, we're supposed to stay together, not run off in different directions. Once I make it to the tree line, I look back, seeing that Moxxie and Millie are running in the opposite direction to me. As Moxxie is running, a bullet hits his leg, causing him to fall face-first into the ground. Millie whips around and grabs his arm, pulling him the rest of the way to the tree line. Blitzø manages to get to the tree line uninjured as well. I look back to where the glint of the scope of the sniper was, seeing nothing. I relax a little but know that the sniper is most likely trying to now take pick us off one by one. I look over at Millie and Moxxie in the tree line opposite of me. I can barely see them, however, I can make out Millie trying her best to patch up Moxxie's leg. Looking around the clearing that I can see, I try to spot Blitzø, but can't. While I refused to admit it, worry started to build in me. I decided to start trying to meet back up with the others since we are stronger as a group than alone. I sniff the air, trying to pick up Blitzø's scent, quickly finding it and then heading in that direction.