Chapter 28

It doesn't take a lot to just listen to him, besides, he was doing it for Harry mostly. He already had formulated some sort of plan. He just worries, he worries all the time. Worry can make him go slightly over the edge and maybe worry will make him end up in an asylum.

He took in a breath and looked over at Harry as he put his hands in the bag. Alphabetically, he was the first one to go up to the bag filled with charmed mini-dragons and pick one out. He let out a breath as he held the replica dragon up by its spiked tail, the small thorns digging into his thumb and index finger. There were no numbers around its neck like the rumours said it did. "There you are, Mr. Black!" Bagman said happily, "You'll be able to defeat it easily!"

The champion of Beauxbatons was next, she had picked one of the milder dragons. The Welsh Green. Krum was emotionless as he blinked at the Chinese Fireball that was throwing a tantrum on his palm. "Feisty, aren't they?" Edmund joked in Bulgarian and Krum cracked a small smile through his facade of emotionlessness.

Harry had picked out the Swedish Short-Snout, which made Edmund relieved to no end because that was the dragon with the least amount of deaths to its name. Edmund looked closely at Harry's expression though, his breath quivered and the hand that wasn't holding a miniature dragon was slightly shaking. His brother dearest is nervous.

Edmund put a hand on Harry's shoulder and squeezed it lightly, pulling him out of his own head. "Do what you have to do," He said quietly to his brother. "It is going to be dangerous, so survival is the priority. I don't care if you won't win."

"I do." Harry said sharply. "I do care if I won't win." Edmund raised his eyebrows at his brother's sudden attitude. "Slytherins are walking around with badges, supporting you and not me. They don't want me as their champion, they want you."

The words that spilled out of Harry's mouth made Edmund recoil. "I don't want to do this either." He said and clenched his jaw. He took a step back and recognized the competitive nature in his tone. "Fine, Potter. We'll do it the way you want to."

The yellow and black colours contrasted the subtle tones everyone else was wearing, but Edmund didn't care what disadvantage it gave him. He was going to win this, not only for the colours he was donned in, but for the whole school of what he represents. He glanced over at Harry and took in a breath. Frustrating, everything. He understood that tensions were running high but never before had he thought that he deserved that reaction from someone he was trying to help.

He let out the breath and stretched his legs, trying to take even breaths as he could hear Bagman's voice echo over the stadium and in the clothing room. "Gather around to witness the first task of the Triwizard Tournament-" A deafening cheer sounded and the breathlessness appeared back in him. "Our brave champions are about to face a challenge never done before. Welcome-" His voice dropped a few octaves lower, entrancing the crowd. "To the Dragon's Reflections!" He called out and this time Edmund closed his eyes and just shook his arms. Nervous nerves, all over his body, nervous nerves. "This magical domain has dragons." A few gasps sounded through the otherwise quiet area. "Dragons that our champions had sightlessly chosen from a bag. Amid the sea of danger and illusions they must run and survive from their chosen dragon."

A wizard who worked at the arena started to appear in the room and guide each of the players their own way. Leaving Fleur on her own, looking nervously at the door as if it was her death. "Good luck." He called out before he disappeared. She looked over at him and the look on her face would haunt him for the game.

"Bewitched treasures await, beware of the illusions as they tempt you, taunt you. Our champions must navigate through the illusions and threaten the line between reality and illusion until they reach their treasure trove. Get to your egg and win." He was put up at the northern side of the arena, he could see the sun peek out between the cracks of the curtain and glare at him. "You better run! The dragons have your scent and are out to hunt." A yowling screeching scream sounded from one of the dragons and a shiver ran down his spine. "I didn't know they had cues." Bagman joked and Edmund's mood turned slightly sour. Bagman was laughing in the face of a possible death, these dragons were no joke, even though one of the most harmless ones are here, they can still cause bodily harm and if too long near them, death.