Chapter 16

EDITED ON 21/09/2023

The last week he had spent with his Uncle Severus before spending the last week at the Wealsey's. It was mostly making potions together and being taught how to make it more efficiently and how to improve it quality wise. The escape of his father was still on the forefront of his mind.

Dumbledore didn't make it to his session to discuss magical politics with him, but instead taught him a single spell where he was very vague about teaching, saying that it all depends on him. What happy memory does he have when his life so far had been taking care of his sick mother, being shipped off to live with his uncles after she passed right in front of him, fighting against the remains of whatever Voldemort had left and running from an ancient Basilisk.

Naturally, he imagined receiving his Hogwarts letter. It wasn't his happiest since the spell didn't appear, instead just let out a bit of a spark; Then he imagined his mother, the best birthday he had with her.

That seemed to do it, a wolf spouted from the tip of his wand. He wondered if it had anything to do with his uncle Remus. He was wondering a lot of things lately, what he'd do if he would see his father, why he had to learn the patronus charm but he had a hunch for what reason it would be used.

Edmund hung out at the Weasley's, having to endure Percy's constant bragging about being a head boy. Quite tired of it, but was excited when he heard that they were going to pick up Harry.

In a silent panic he headed out early to quickly buy his books, since both of his uncle's forgot about it as well. With a letter where he was lectured in, the Weasley's allowed for him to go alone quickly and find Harry. From there on out he had set out to go to Diagon Alley.

Edmund stood outside of his usual shop and grinned as he handed over the money. He had a bad habit of spending it all on quidditch. It wasn't like it was a huge dent in his bank, quite honestly. It would just be like taking a drop out of the ocean.

He stepped out of the store after paying the flat rate of the broom, it'd be in his hands when Hogwarts would begin. "Oof-" A voice said and he immediately helped the person up. "I'm so sorry," He started, "Harry?"

"Edmund?" The boy in question asked. "What are you doing here?"

"Doing some light shopping." He blushed and tried to hide the receipt. Harry noticed and reached out to pluck it from behind his back. He even had to jump a little to grab it.

"Bloody giant." Harry muttered as he corrected his glasses to read the receipt, "Bloody hell?" He exclaimed, "You've just paid the full price for a firebolt?"

"Please don't tell anybody." Edmund said as he snatched the receipt. "My uncle's would kill me if they found out." They're very protective of the money that they have, mostly due to how they're grown up. They instilled their principles on him, but it flew out of the window every time it came to quidditch. "How have you been, Harry?"

"Glad that I am not arrested for using underage magic." Harry retorted and Edmund snorted. "I'm doing better now that I am here, how about you? How was your vacation with Hermione?"

Edmund blushed as Harry asked about Hermione and nodded, "It was fun, we were always doing something. Did you get the pictures?" He had gone to a local photography business and rented out a red room, mostly because he had to use the potion and if the muggle found out about it? He'd in some quite trouble like Harry was, only he couldn't speak French to the Magical Ministry of France.

"They looked nice," Harry said as they started walking. Edmund just followed Harry. "You looked mad in some of them though."

"More like, annoyed." Edmund answered truthfully, Harry gave him a questioning look. "What do you need?" He asked as they entered the apothecary. For the rest of their shopping trip they went to stores and spent their money. Edmund didn't need to get more ingredients for his potions as his Uncle Snape had it under control. He did, however, need to get new robes.