Chapter 14

EDITED on 20/09/2023

"He said, follow the spiders?" Edmund questioned, "So why aren't we following the spiders?" He looked even more tired than usual, worry ran through his mind as he began to doubt if the mandrakes were growing right.

He only started to doubt when Hermione landed in that bed.

What made him go even more insane is that he couldn't visit her. His Uncle Severus tried to have tea with him but he didn't feel like drinking tea. Uncle Remus had been sending letters but Edmund only shortly replied to them, after his Uncle Severus insisted that he'd reply.

Summer was coming and Edmund was looking only a bit better. He worries a lot less after a conjoined speech from Madam Pomfrey and Professor Sprout. They were always looking out for him.

Edmund finished writing the last words on his essay when he heard Draco talk, talking about how his Uncle Snape should apply to be headmaster. "I'm quite surprised the mudbloods-" It was like hearing nails on a blackboard that made his ears bleed.

"Watch your bloody mouth, Draco. Or I'll swear-" Edmund spoke up from behind the pureblood. He didn't get to finish his sentence as his uncle gave him a sharp look.

"Five points from Slytherin. Stop using that word in my classroom, Mr. Malfoy." Snape said and glared at Edmund. "Dare to threaten a student again Mr. Lupin and you'll have detention."

Edmund glared back defiantly, but ultimately shut his mouth. Ron and Harry pulled him out and away from the class, they were both talking about how stupidly brave that was. They left the classroom and his glare from his uncle settled on Draco.

Everytime the boy does something good, he always ruins it by doing something bad after it. It is an endless cycle. It was tiring. As if he had forgotten about teachers having to walk them about their next class, Snape stood over the class and tried to catch Edmund's eyes.

As soon as everyone was inside Snape grasped Edmund's arm. "Stop acting out, you're behaving like a child." He lectured and Edmund let out a scoff.

"I am still a child." He hissed, "You've been letting Draco say those profanities all year long and I'm just getting tired of it." Edmund let out a breath and looked at the class, "What would auntie Lily think?" He said sharply before shrugging his uncle's arm off and heading into the class. His mood had worsened and already, most of the class had noticed.

Especially Draco. With the glare settled onto him, everyone could see that he was out for blood. During class he saw Ernie shake Harry's hand and Hannah was sending Edmund apologetic looks. As if shaking a hand was going to fix it. For months Edmund was estranged to a large sum of their class because he is friends with Potter, "Heir of Slytherin".

Harry hit Ron with the shears and then pointed at the spiders. "We can't follow them now-" Ron said and Edmund cleared his throat as Ernie and Hannah were listening in. The two Hufflepuff's looked over his bench that he shared with Susan and Neville.

"You should go back to your workbench." Edmund suggested, "Finish up, I think you're falling behind with all that chatting." He said and motioned over at how Neville and Susan were finishing up.

Ernie stepped up and held his hand out. "I'm sorry for talking about you, Edmund."

Edmund knew that he had to shake the hand but instead he clenched his fist, "Try again tomorrow, Ernie." He said tensely as he looked at the boy, "I'm not in the mood for this right now." The Hufflepuffs dismissed himself and Edmund looked up from the sudden hand on his knee.