Chapter 1

EDITED ON 07/09/2023

Excitement coursed through the newly-wedded couple. Their family was expanding and he was so happy when his sister announced to him that she was pregnant. James was going to be an uncle, and Lily was going to be an aunt to the child of her best friend. Already James had announced into the dark night that he was going to be an uncle, only for the dark night not to speak back to him.

Even though the news of being pregnant didn't really excite Amanda Potter, she was afraid. Everyone knows of the pain that women have to go through to have a child. They were afraid of taking potions against the pain, even casting spells against the pain, as they had no knowledge of what it would do to the baby.

But when he came, she smiled brightly into the bundle in her arms and looked up at her husband with a smile. "Edmund." She whispered, "Protetor." Her husband had to wipe away a few tears subtly but Amanda couldn't help but reach out and wipe them away herself. "Always saying that you're a tough man." She whispered to him, "Let this not be that moment, be happy, cry if you need to, Sirius."

Sirius Black the third, the loving husband of Amanda Potter, and now father of Edmund Black. He shoved a camera into the hands of his best friend who stood beside his brother-in-law. "Take a picture." He ordered, "I need this framed, then you come here too, James. You're the uncle and godfather after all."

Peter snapped the picture, all three having a smile on their face. The door hinged open and a harsh light contrasted the warm inside of the room. A tense smile was displayed on the man's face, "Amanda?" He called out, emotion laced the man's voice, as it commonly was a very flat, monotone voice.

"Sev!" Enthusiasm laced the tired voice of Amanda, too tired to get up from the warm blankets around her and she wouldn't dare move the tired looking baby, whose eyes were drooping closed. "Come on in!" She said. Sirius and James shared a look of distaste, however, having had the countless arguments about the half-blood, Sirius knew that he couldn't change her mind.

All he did was lean over and press a soft kiss against her forehead, "Don't waste too much energy." He whispered to her, he then leaned down again, pressing a hesitant kiss to Edmund's forehead. The Marauders cleared the room and Severus Snape walked in, quietly and a bit scared. Most likely scared of waking the baby, even though Edmund was not asleep.

Severus sat down on the bed, by the side of her legs as he looked at his best-friend. "I don't see one of them," He said quietly. "Is this not worthy of his time?" There was more snark to his voice.

Amanda rolled her eyes at the jabs aimed at Lupin. She looked out the window, as the full moon shone between the cracks of the curtains. "He will be visiting when he won't be weak anymore." She gave him a chastise look, "Don't be mean to him."

Amanda and Severus have been friends since their first year, she might have not known him before Hogwarts like Lily had, but she had fit between the ginger girl and the raven-haired boy easily. Unlikely friends are what they were, but friends nonetheless. Amanda had taken it upon herself to always defend him and lecturing her brother and their friends on being nice, even though it had little effect. Countless times she had given the Slytherin advice about his crush on Lily, the muggle-born. But Severus had a moment where things could have gone different, all that Amanda could do was tell him to get over her. The feeling of him loving Lily forever and from afar was something that Amanda know would never disappear.

"Edmund Black." She introduced the man to her first child. Severus' arms reached out and managed to hold the baby well, but Amanda couldn't help herself. "Careful now." She directed.

Severus gave her a slightly amused smile, "I know how to hold a baby, Amanda." He said quietly, as if talking louder than his hushed voice would break the calmth on the child and unleash a storm. "I know you," His eyes stuck onto the baby in his arms, "That cannot be his only name, Greek?" He questioned.