THE GAME BEGINS

Lee Hana laid her head on the window of the bus watching the road pass them while listening to the music playing on her headsets drowning out her noisy classmates.

Hana was debating which option was worse ; going on a school trip with peers she rarely associated herself with or having stayed home and putting up another day with her annoying stepmother and step sister. Either alternative was torturous for her even if she stayed back.

She was beginning to get drowsy but was shaken awake by Jang Hyun-ho who smiled and gestured to her headsets. "Yes?" She inquired after taking the devices out of her ears.

Hyun-ho smiled at the cute girl , "you were falling asleep. It's dangerous to fall asleep with them on , you could damage your ears."

Hana blinked at him , she wouldn't exactly call him a friend but he was among the most tolerable in her class. She felt oddly touched by his concern.

"I've been ok for the last couple of years , my hearing is still intact." Well that was Techincally a lie , Hana had gotten partially deaf in her left ear when she when she was fifteen but that was hardly caused by her headsets.

"Still. It's not safe to always have them in for long ."

Hyun-ho said to her , he had noticed not only was Hana quiet not in the shy manner but more of reserved personality, she tended to wear her headsets alot.

"That reminds me ," he said in an attempt to maintain the conversation, "would you mind tutoring me. Like a study date" Hyun-ho emphasised the date part more than the study.

Hana didn't seem to get the not so subtle message as she asked , "Why me?" She was genuinely surprised , "and don't you need to train? I hardly doubt you'll have enough time "

"Please. I would appreciate it." He smiled at her; the girl rarely associated with the rest of their classmates.

Hana studied him meticulously watching his eyes look at hers expectant and anxious of her response.

"I'll think about it." She said before putting her headsets on again.

Hyun-ho flashed a grin at her observing the way the sun's rays brightened her face , "thanks."

Many people assumed and mistook Hana's quiet nature as arrogant and typical rich girl snobbish attitude and tended to avoid her or didn't put effort in trying to befriend at all. He knew she just didn't understand social cues.

"Hay! Kyung Joon is sleeping. It's too loud." One of Go Kyung Joon's lackies shouted at some of their classmates who were loudly playing a mafia game.

Hyunho shook his head at the three bullies of class 2-3,"Those bastards." He despised them especially Go Kyung Joon the head bully.

Hana was listening to the music on her headsets when her eyes lingered towards So Mi the vice president who was secretly taking a selfie with Jun Hee who was asleep. Hana sighed , she may not know her classmates very well but had observed So Mi had an obsession with the class president always trying to find ways to seduce the boy.

Hana saw a notification on her phone and opened the message :

Noona!!!!. I hope you enjoy your trip . I miss you already 🥺🥺- Ha Yeon.