X. CROATOAN

X. CROATOAN

Adelaide Booker had just barely rolled out of bed as her feet padded their way over to the motel bathroom. The vampire rubbed her eyes as she she switched on the light, catching her reflection in the mirror.

She sighed as she grabbed her curling iron out of her bag, plugging it in as she waited for the device to heat up. Adelaide decided to do her hair differently as she had the day off, giving her time to get ready for the day ahead.

It wasn't often that her, Sam, and Dean were without a case, and she planned to make the most out of her day. The dim light of the early morning seeped through the window, casting a soft glow on her features.

Adelaide smiled curtly to herself as she breathed in deeply, taking in the peacefulness of the morning. Dean had ventured out earlier that morning to get coffee, leaving just her and Sam in the motel room. Sam was still fast asleep in his bed.

However, just as she finished curling the last strand of her hair, a sudden thump echoed through the room, shattering the serenity of the morning. Her heart quickened as she paused, listening intently for any further disturbance.

Alarmed and confused, she emerged out of the bathroom, head peeking out towards Sam's bed. Her eyes narrowed in confusion as her vision drew to the floor, where Sam laid.

His breaths were coming in quick and deeply, eyes shooting opened as he abruptly sat up. He scanned the room in a panic before locking eyes with Adelaide, relaxing slightly.

"...Did you just fall off the bed?" The vampire asked, chuckling.

However, Sam didn't seem to share Adelaide's amusement.

Adelaide blinked in confusion as she noticed the sheer layer of sweat across Sam's forehead, her eyebrows furrowing as she took a step closer to him.

"Sam?"

***

It wasn't long until Sam explained what had happened to him—he had been struck with another vision of a man. He was tied in a chair as he begged for his life, only for Dean to mercilessly take it from him.

Sam had been rather uneasy after the ordeal, so the three packed their few belongings in silence and piled into the Impala as they tried to pinpoint the man from the vision's location.

"Continue on OR-224 West," the navigator on Sam's phone read out.

"There are only two towns in the US named Rivergrove." Sam explained, powering his phone off as he placed it on his lap.

"How come you're so sure it's the one in Oregon?" Dean asked.

Sam sighed. "There was a picture—Crater Lake."

Adelaide twirled a strand of hair in her finger mindlessly. "Anything else worth noting?"

Sam glanced over his shoulder to catch a brief glance of her. "I saw a dark room, some people, and a guy tied to a chair."