Chapter 6

Emberly's life went on as it had since she moved to Charming and started working. Every so often she'd get called back in for an emergency patient. Most of the time she went in at six am and was off by five pm. She'd go home, take a shower, make herself dinner, clean up, then hop on her laptop to play her favorite game. It was a simple existence but it suited her just fine. She didn't think any more about the bikers she'd encountered at the hospital or why that woman had been in an accident. She treated patients, performed surgeries, and lived her life. One day when she went into work, some of the nurses were buzzing about a local charity event that was happening that weekend. It intrigued Emberly so she set a reminder in her phone about it so she wouldn't forget it. That Saturday, as it was thankfully her day off, she dressed and headed out to check out this charity event. When she arrived, she was surprised at how many people had shown up. There were booths all over the place. There was a bounce house for kids, a station for face painting, and the local police department were selling hot dogs and sausage. What she found the oddest was that the Teller-Morrow automotive repair shop had a booth and the women there were selling homemade baked goods while the bikers had a row of bikes near the booth for people to check out.

She bought a sausage from the police department then walked over to the automotive booth. She recognized Gemma who was busy with another customer. The other women greeted her cordially and asked if she had any questions about their goods. They were selling banana bread both in individual slices and whole loaves. She bought two loaves of the banana bread and a dozen chocolate chip cookies. The women all thanked her and wished her a good day as they bagged up her purchases and handed it over. Emberly was about to walk away when Gemma noticed her and stopped.

"Well Doctor, it's good to see you." Gemma stated.

"You can call me Emberly." She replied with a warm smile.

"Ok Emberly." Gemma stated as a few of the bikers approached the booth, "What are you doing today?"

"I heard about this event earlier in the week and thought I'd come check it out." Emberly replied as Happy looked her up and down.

Although he didn't show any emotion on the outside, he was smiling to himself on the inside

Although he didn't show any emotion on the outside, he was smiling to himself on the inside. He thought she looked cute.

"Well I'm certainly glad you came. All proceeds go to the charity." Gemma explained.

"I'm glad to hear it." Emberly replied with a smile, "I'll have to really check out the other booths before I leave."

"Please do. All the people here are small businesses." Gemma stated.

"Even better!" Emberly smiled again.

'She has got a really beautiful smile.' Happy thought to himself as he watched the interaction between Emberly and Gemma.

"Hey Gemma, Abel's getting cranky. I'm gonna take him to get something to eat." Jax interrupted the two women.

"Ok baby. Don't be too long!" Gemma replied.