Chapter 3

After the workday ended, Happy was sitting in the clubhouse, as he usually was, and sipping on a beer. Tig and his 'ol lady Angie came strolling in with Chibs and his 'ol lady Christine. They were there to have some drinks and play doubles on pool. Happy watched the two couples with a bent of envy. The lone wolf part of him didn't want to depend on a woman to take care of him. He'd been alone most of his life with the exception of the girlfriends he'd had throughout his middle school and high school years. The adult in him felt the pang of jealousy to see his brothers so happy with their 'ol ladies especially since he was starting to feel alone. Hearing their laughter put him in a foul mood. Suddenly he began to think of the woman he'd done the oil change for earlier in the day. She was petite, curvy, had long red hair and beautiful green eyes. He had to admit to himself she was quite attractive. As he sat there sipping on his beer, he began to think more about her. Was she single? Was she interested in dating someone? What did she do for a living? How old was she? She looked young. Much younger than him.

Happy finally got up, took a bottle of his favorite Whiskey, and headed to his dorm room for the rest of the night. Tig and Angie played very well together and won the pool game. Christine and Chibs playfully talked smack to the other couple making everyone laugh. Chibs set up the pool table for another game. No one but the prospects noticed Happy had headed back to his room. The two couples played till around ten pm before calling it a night. Most everyone else had gone home after the workday ended to spend time with their 'ol ladies and have dinner. Angie and Christine hugged before walking out to their 'ol men's bikes to go home. They had gotten very close since they started seeing their 'ol men. They were close with Jax, Bobby, and Quinn's 'ol ladies as well although they weren't as close with Juice's 'ol lady since she didn't hang out with them as much as the other three did. Tig and Chibs waited for their 'ol ladies to climb onto their bikes before heading home. Happy drank himself to oblivion in his room fuming about being alone but also not wanting an 'ol lady to nag him about stuff.

The shop was closed on Sunday to give everyone a day to rest. Nothing usually happened unless there was club business to take care of. Emberly had to work on Sunday. She was doing an emergency surgery and missed lunch. It came with the job, she realized, but wasn't able to get something to eat until after her shift. She had several patients she had to check on and to make notes in their charts before she could end her shift. It was early afternoon when she left the hospital and didn't feel like cooking at home. She stopped by the little café she'd discovered. There were several bikes in the parking lot when she pulled in. It made her curious when she walked in. They were sitting in a booth together laughing and it appeared they were waiting for their lunch. She sat in a booth across the café and waited for the waitress. Today she was feeling the club salad and a glass of water. The waitress scribbled her order down then went to put it in.

Happy was looking around the café and his eyes landed on her. She was checking her phone and he wondered what she was doing. Had she just come from work? Was she just going into work? Did she have the day off? It didn't take long for her food to be brought to her. He watched as she drizzled her dressing over her salad then dug in. Jax said something making the other two laugh. Happy hadn't caught what his Prez had said as he was too busy staring at her to notice anything else. As she sat there eating her well-deserved lunch, she took the chance to glance over at the booth full of bikers. She caught the eye of the bald one that had done her oil change the day before. She gave a small smile then turned back to her lunch. He couldn't believe she'd smiled at him. Was it out of politeness since he'd been staring at her? Did she like him? Jax slapped the table catching Happy's attention. They were splitting the bill so they could head back to the clubhouse. The Killah took out his wallet and put down money for his portion of the bill. With one last look at her, he followed Bobby outside to their bikes.

Silent WolfOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara