Don't play with your food

What are a bunch of mostly adult NY bakers minus myself unless the kids are there too.... But what are doing in this huge toy store you might be asking? There are giant teddy bears and trains and giant set of piano keys that we can stop on and dance all over. You asked why we were here right? Well earlier (outfit  16) this week this couple came in to talk to Buddy about making a cake for their twin boys. They told him they were actually having the party at the toy store because they just found out you do birthday parties there.

The dad said for the cake they were thinking something toy themed kind of maybe toy solider themed and they talked about the big piano. Buddy thought maybe they would have the big piano and the wooden toy soldiers on the side with their sons names on them. They seemed to really like that idea. And then they have like the big classic toys like blocks the teddy bears and you know make it look all fun and whimsical. My sister she's the youngest one of us here she's a child at heart and I have you know I've got kids of my own. And she's fun and she's whimsical especially in her acting.

She's probably gonna help me with inspiration on my cake I kind of like to bouncing ideas off of each other. She is often th first one I show my ideas to since she's always at my side talking with the customers. By the way she dresses you would never know how fun and adorable she is but you're just gonna have to trust me. While we were at the toy store they had a thing where you put your own bags of candy together and all the employees me included are getting all of this candy and Buddy had to you know be like ok that's enough candy. Which is a little bit of a bummer but you know even though Buddy has his own kids I never knew my dad he's basically like a father to me.

We saw the trains going around and we were looking at the giant toy soldiers. Getting all the inspiration we needed for the cake we were all gonna make. I felt like a kid in a candy store. That was Buddy's favorite part. They were pretty square and not that hard to make and they were all over the store you know they were fun looking. After all what kid wasn't going to like this? Then we were looking at the robots there were a lot of toys. Surprising of course that there would be so many toys in a toy store. And then we were all taking our shoes off running up and down on the piano keys. We were acting like my nieces and nephews. And any time should there be any when I babysit them then I could bring them here and we could just run wild I would be the fun cool aunt. We've always been more like siblings I grew up closer with them then with my own siblings but then again I was the youngest and you know Buddy and I we were you know like 17 or so years apart give or take.

He died when Buddy was 17 and I never knew him. And to top it off it was Violet and Danny's first time in a toy store and we had all the inspiration we needed to make this cake this was a fantastic field trip. We all had fun. The plan for the cake was gonna be the piano the toy soldiers and toys that you can't seem to get anywhere else. So the first thing they did when they got back was build the soldiers. Buddy would tell you anytime that you have like a figure like this you need a support system. He had Mauro and Frankie making the two frames one for each soldier. Then they were gonna start to fill them. They were gonna do rice crispy's and pound cake. They cut it in 6in and then began wrapping the crispy treats around their legs.

Then they filled in up to the waist in pound cake. And then he goes to do the head. Buddy thinks it's funny that when you first look at it people will be like "What the hell is that?!" But he swears it will look like a toy soldier when he's done with it. And then he had to shape and carve it. And then he begins to dirty ice them. And then when he finishes it he goes to put it in the fridge so they'll cool down. And then another specialty cake customer comes in this guy looks like he lives on the beach. Comes in with kind of a pinkish face and sunglasses and one of those dad Hawaiian shirts. The whole bit. He comes in and takes a seat. Buddy and I come and sit down. I love listening to these cakes.