All bets are off

(So the dates are weird ok because the last one was Easter but the video or episode wasn't made or premiered till like June but the one before that was in fact in May) Anyways it always seems to be a big week around here. It's the beginning of wedding season that's always a big season and Buddy loves making wedding cakes. But everything and everyone have gotta be organized. With so many cakes being made let's hope none of them get switched. And if they do is it Stretch's fault? And can you blame him? So many cakes going places. If he keeps messing up how long is Buddy gonna keep him around for? He's one of the only people close to my age that I can talk to. Otherwise I'm the youngest and it's not fair.

When it's wedding season we have about 45 cakes coming in and out of here. Don't believe me don't take my word for it Buddy will tell you the same thing. He's working on flowers for a cake right now. But this season is the biggest season for him so we probably shouldn't bother him too much. The wedding cake process is a long line of people including me that get involved it's all hands on deck and on top of that of course we'll have whatever the specialty cake is going to be for the week with dozens upon dozens of wedding cakes being made this weekend alone. And there he is now. If you were here you could hear him. You have no idea what's in store for us it's gonna be cake after cake after cake. He was telling everyone upstairs.

But he tells us we just gotta take it one at a time because if we don't we're gonna be in big trouble. And of course in addition to all of these weddings cakes we have a specialty cake for a client Buddy just can't say no to and I always get to sit in so that when he's talking to the clients he has someone that he's gonna be working with to bounce ideas off of. Don't get me wrong wedding cakes are beautiful but personally I love his specialty cakes best. And what's the occasion? Well Buddy can tell you all about that. The client tells us (outfit 9) that one of their guys in the club has been nominated man of the year they said they wanted to get a specialty cake up front. How do you get to be man of the year? I asked them. Well you know he does a little bit of this a little bit of that he helps the community you know. Ah the words "helps the community" Buddy can't say no. He tells us that he's the boss says something about casinos and about a Roulette wheel and it being authentic. Ooh so it's gonna be moving now too? I wondered to myself.

The client said something about the numbers being placed perfectly and in the right order and the right sequence. Buddy's eyes were as big as saucers. Said something about how you won't even know it's a cake. Which is my brother's specialty. He wants to do right by them and he's already thinking about how he wants to make it. He's gonna have a long green roulette table with all the numbers and he'll have the wheel and make it look like wood on the outside and on the inside ladies and gentlemen place your bets this thing is gonna spin. He said that the wheel was gonna be in the middle. He was drawing me a perfect picture in both ways. And you want my help on it? I asked him. Of course I do I always want your help on specialty cakes it's part of our time to bond. And on the wedding cakes I can help teach you how to do different things and wedding cakes are easy enough to fix if you mess up and I love doing wedding cakes. Anyways I'm gonna need like a turntable or a lazy Susan or something and that part is gonna be covered in pound cake.

As you know that's the kind of cake I use to sculpt out the tricky stuff. So I'll go ahead and get carving on that part. I'm gonna carve it down to a cone shape so that it looks like a wheel. He told me. And then I'm gonna have Mauro cut the 13 in hole out. And he'll start shaping the outside of the wheel. I watch as they cut out the sponge cake out and stack it and then ice it with buttercream. And then they need to let it set before they put the fondant on it. So by this point the whole wheel of the cake is covered top to bottom. Downstairs a costumer ame in and was talking to our sisters about picking up a cake. So a sister takes the receipt for this cake and it's for a cream puff cake and she wanted to know if there was one upstairs ready to go. But not as far as I knew to be perfectly honest. She said something about it being mom's birthday. Though we wondered about this cream puff cake there was no slip for one. They didn't have it made. Madelenea said that they had to make one for her because the costumer was down there waiting on one. She was watching our sister on the phone listening to her. She said the lady that was here the receipt said it was for 11 but the girls didn't have one and they sat at a table and turned to Mary to ask her to help her find this slip for the cake.