There's always at least one

In the beginning everything seems normal. The sisters downstairs with costumers me upstairs trying my best to help out or stay out of the way while the cameras are rolling. But you know this is a "reality T.V. show" whatever that means and we all know some of it can be staged. But I'm also doing my own thing. Theatre singing modeling whatever whatever. I help where I can and this is fun for me but you know for Buddy and the rest of the family it's their day job. And like we were telling you a couple weeks ago it's wedding season it's communion season it's graduation season and I'm out of school for the summer. That usually means all hands on deck but it also means it's just cake season but we're a bakery so it's always cake season. And Buddy's all like I've got cakes coming out of my ears which is both a stressful and silly sentence. This is the most hectic time so that also means it's when I need to be here most so that Buddy stays calm he doesn't yell and scream when I'm in ear shot. I'm the youngest one working here.

But you know Buddy likes to take over and I'm just here to be me you know. He'll work he'll sit in the hot seat and I'll do whatever he asks me to. First he's got this wedding cake he's making and the bride's mother has been a great costumer of ours for years. Buddy and I sat down with them the other day for the consolation with them. He's in charge I help try to write things down he gives walks me through his vision blah blah blah. You know. We're a team. We're all a team and we're more than that because we're a family. Ok so it wasn't the other day but for me the other day can be between from the day I was born till the present in this case the other day was a couple months ago and the mother and daughter came in to plan the daughter's wedding cake. Buddy loves doing wedding cakes. But the problem is was that the bride and her mother were butting heads. They were telling us about this nice venue where the wedding was gonna be but Alison the bride didn't want that. And her mother made it clear to us that she didn't want that.

Like excuse me I'm sorry is this is this your wedding mom? No it's your daughter's wedding! Why are you here? Why didn't the daughter come on her own? She's like those MIL horror stories but this is her real mother. She wanted to get married in the desert with no one watching which can also be romantic and nice and if that's what she wanted there was nothing wrong with that. We thought that sounded cool and then her mother said with a camel and she said that she wasn't good at riding camels like as if that mattered because obviously this wedding is about her. We weren't going to invite you though her daughter said. Oh thanks I'm only the mom. Buddy was laughing along but I stayed silent I was siding with the daughter on this one. Her mother sounds like a nightmare. She shouldn't have to do what her mother wants for her own wedding. It would've been nice and simple and cheap. But this is Buddy we're talking about he works with 30-40 brides a week. And would tell you that you're bound to get a couple pain in the assess. I disagree. Not on that part but I don't think the bride is being a bridezilla at least not right now.

She knows what she wants and her mother is not respecting her choices. She wanted it just them in the desert with a camel no one watching. What's bridezilla about that? That sounds so cool if you ask me. But I'm also not a desert person. I'm a dessert person. A desert is too hot for me. But she's not my daughter and this is not my wedding. This is your dream wedding the mother points out. She insists on traditional everything. But of course Alison the bride said it's not. I got married in city hall I never had a dream wedding the mother told her daughter. Well that's sounds like a personal her problem not a daughter problem. It's her one day all about her she should get the things she wants. She wanted simple she wanted desert she didn't want a traditional wedding. This was not her dream wedding and it's not like we're talking crazy expensive either. Or that the mom is paying for all of it. This is the dream wedding you never had that I never wanted. Alison was saying but of course Buddy was saying they couldn't agree on anything.

We should've just done what the bride wanted this isn't about the mom. It's what the daughter wants. She's the client not the mother. He will tell you this was like night and day. Her mother says that her daughter doesn't make any of the arrangements that her mother does it all. That she has to take care of everything. She doesn't even talk to me know it's all text her mother was complaining. And then you start crying the daughter was saying. She gets loud and she hangs up Alison was saying. Buddy tried to get our focus back on the cake. I mean it could be different colors what were you thinking? He asked Alison. But instead the mom answered. I'm sorry are you Alison? No you're mom. You're a Karen. Like bye Felicia go away. Just *drop kicks the Karen mom* see ya don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Byyyeee! But I said all of this inside my head and to you guys so that no one would hear it except for me and now whoever is watching this but it's long over now so I can't possibly get in trouble for it. The mother said white fondant. But Alison the BRIDE wanted black. Which seemed good to me. A desert wedding no one watching black wedding cake. But the mom said black was not for weddings. I'm guessing with a themed wedding it wouldn't necessarily be white either and if it were like a Halloween cake it might very well be black. We did a bunch of wedding cakes for like 3 different people and none of them were white.