Our sister is one tough cookie

I'm (outfit 14) so excited Buddy got this call from the National History museum people and I happened to be listening in as it's hard not to. Have you heard how loud Buddy can be? But also my big sister Mary her daughter has a recital this weekend so we're gonna have to make a cake for that. So of course they told him they need a cake and Buddy felt that was crazy. So we all go down there. As it turns out they found this fossil of this mammal and its like 50 million years old. And apparently the biggest mammal to ever walk the Earth. It's 3 times the size of an elephant. And anyways they want him to make a cake for their opening of the exhibit. But listen I'm not even gonna try to say it or write it out. But man we checked out all the detail. Buddy starts brainstorming with the team right then and there how he wants to make this cake for them. He's talking about some kind of cereal he wants the underneath part to be or something.

Some kind of this very specific cereal treats with cake on top. Which he says will be most of it and to get the skin we'd be using both fondant and modeling chocolate together. And he was talking about scratching it and scuffing it to make it have the rough look they wanted. He was telling us how his plan was to put the mammal in the center of the cake with two trees and a couple of cavemen to be next to it to show just how big in comparison this thing is to the size of people. We get back to the bakery mama's there listening to him tell us what the rough sketch of the cake was gonna look like. They start cutting out the shapes and spreading like frosting or icing or something on the cut out Buddy's talking about making hills and dips and valleys on the cake. Buddy starts saying that they could cover it in white fondant just to hold the structure together. So they start coving the landscape in white fondant. To me it looks like it's covered in soft beautiful snow. The next step once that has been done is to get someone cutting the leaves for the tree.

And I was thinking until I need you to do something else for me that you can start working on that. What do you say? He asked me. As long as I get to help. Meanwhile while me and somebody else are working on leaves Joey and Mauro are working on the trees. They start covering the PVC pipes in modeling chocolate And then the rest of them are using pipping bags to make the grass and Remy is going in after them with a bluish green to make the water. While we were all doing this Daniella was working on the caveman and he was completely made out of modeling chocolate. Another cake we're doing this week is for this girl Lexi's sweet 16 which I know he'll let me help on cause I always get to work on specialty cakes not that this one wasn't but also I also just turned 16 years old back in October. This cake had bright neon colors each layer a different color. Like a bright light blue and I saw Buddy doing something in white. But here is what happened.

Buddy met with the client I sat with him. She noticed I was near her age. He asked her to tell him about herself. She was sat there with all her friends he wanted to know some of her favorite things. She said the beach and anything that goes along with the beach such as surfboards and flipflops she said she liked lime green and hot pink a lot. Buddy tells her that we'll do lime green hot pink and teal said it was gonna be funky said it was gonna have some flare to it then asked if she was a city girl. He said they would some cityscapes he was talking about how she was a NY girl but loved the CA beaches. Then the girls asked me where they thought they had seen me before. Are you into fashion? I asked her or ever seen a fashion show? We've seen them a lot on T.V. yeah she nodded. Oh yeah I know who you are you're that model. G-D you're so young. Can we get a picture with you? Of course. We all get together and my brother is handed her phone and we all take a picture together. Thank you so much she tells me. No problem. As fo the cake he said he was gonna get a lot of both on the cake. So the layers would be square.

As it's for a sweet 16 it doesn't need to look like a wedding cake. So we had the blue the green the pink and white and Mauro was carefully plopping the cake layers onto one another. And then he call Mauro and Remy over. They were talking about how to make the mammal and how the hardest part on something like this was the underbelly and making the underbelly stay. And then sculpt on top of it. He was talking about doing circles and cutting the bottom and fan it as he put it and was talking about doing this out of pound cake. What he had done was make a frame for the body out of like wood and screwed the parts together so that it was square and stable and then on top was where they would be sculping the pound cake. But again we of course had a problem we had no pound cake. First it was no sugar then it was getting the firetruck cake to work we had the wedding cakes and the one gambling game turning thing that wouldn't turn or we had Stretch unintentionally causing him problems or we had the not so much bridezilla they all thought she was but I wasn't so sure she had been or the bachelorette cake mama didn't like or how the Easter cake had begun to melt or last one was getting the doves there's always something.