S I X T E E N .

Ana sat in the dining room waiting to hear from JJ. He said he was on his way about four hours ago, which meant he definitely should've been there by now.

The girl was still super upset about everything that had happened earlier. How could Jere have the nerve to say anything like that to her? What did she do to him? Why did he suddenly hate her?

Thoughts were whirling around in her head as she stared at her phone but they were quickly interrupted when she heard a knock at the door.

"I got it!" She shouted, at the same time Jere shouted, "I'll get it!"

They both rushed to the door but of course Jere opened it and shoved himself in view first.

"Who are you?" He asked rudely.

Ana pushed him aside harshly when she heard JJ's voice, "do I have the wrong house?"

Ana looked at the boy with a huge smile and instantly pulled him into the house, "no, you don't have the wrong house." She laughed.

They both had giant smiles on their faces when they saw each other. She felt so alone while being there, having someone who isn't Conrad or Jere made her instantly so much more comfortable. 

Ana wrapped her arms around the boy, pulling him into a much needed hug. Right before she was about to start talking another voice cut her off.

"Who's this?" Conrad asked, with belly, Steven, Taylor, Cam, and Skye right behind him.

"Oh... uh, she didnt tell you I was coming?" JJ asked awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry, I forgot. This is JJ Maybank. The boy from Finch." Ana smiled, referring to Conrad and hers conversation the night before.

"JJ?" Jere scoffed, and stormed off while pushing everyone out of the way.

"He's cute." Taylor blushed, not picking up on the awkwardness that surrounded the teens.

"Uh.. thanks?" JJ laughed.

"Anyway!" Ana started, trying to pull everyone out of the awkwardness, "this is Taylor, Belly, Skye, Cam, and who just left was Jeremiah."

Everyone made a confused face as they noticed the girl didnt mention Conrad... and the girl did it on purpose. She told JJ a lot about Conrad... what if he got upset that she had been with him this whole time?

"And this is Conrad." Belly spoke up for Ana. She was curious what would happened if she had told him... since Ana wasn't going to.

"Conrad?" JJ asked, looking to Ana.

"Yeah..." Conrad smirked, knowing he had heard of him.

"Nice, I've heard a lot about you." The boy smiled carelessly.

"All good things I hope."

"No... no, not at all." JJ laughed.

The ford girls eyes went wide, "Okay, now that we got that out of the way! Aren't you guys supposed to be at the store?" Ana changed the subject quickly and pulled JJ away from the group of teens, dragging him into the back, next to the pool.

"That was awful, I'm so sorry." She sighed, grabbing his hand gently.

"It wasn't that bad... but what was Jeremy's problem?" JJ asked, oblivious to the fact that he messed Jeres name up.

Ana laughed lightly, and hugged him tightly,
"I don't know. I wish I did."

"Conrads the ex?" Ana nodded, "Jeremy's his brother?" She nodded again, "belly is your mortal enemy?"

"Mortal enemy? No." She pulled away and looked up to him with a huge smile.

His big smile turned into a soft content one. He was finally with Ana again... and he wanted to soak it up. He thought he had lost any chances he had with the girl, but now he realized he was wrong.

"What?" She asked.

"I just... missed you, kinda."

"Kinda?"

"Okay, I missed you a lot..." he joked.

Slowly, he reached up and cupped her cheeks. Ana was looking at him like he was the only one, and he was soaking it up. He never wanted to leave this moment.

"Hey! What kind of drinks do you want?" Conrad yelled, making the two pull apart quickly. The fisher boy realized he ruined a moment and cleared his throat quickly, "sorry." He mumbled, mixed emotions flowing through him.

"It's okay... uh, I want-"

"Coke and Jack Daniel's... I know. I was kinda asking JJ." He cut in quickly only sparing them short quick glances.

"He remembers your drink." JJ whispered. A smirk laying on his face, teasing the young girl.

"Shut it." Ana whispered as she lightly shoved his shoulder.

"Can I just get..."JJ thought for a second, "just any kind of beer. Honestly, I'm not picky.. at all."

Conrad nodded and looked at the two one more time before turning away and walking to the front of the house.

"He's cute. I see what you liked in him." JJ joked once again, earring another shove.

"You guys ready?" Conrad huffed, getting into the car with Jere and Belly.

"Yeah... what's wrong?" Belly asked softly.

"Yeah, dude. You were fine like five seconds ago." Jere leaned between the front seats to get a better look at his brother.

"Ana and JJ are together."

"Well, yeah. Why would she just leave him at the house alone when he's never been here before and he's a guest?" Belly scoffed.

"No, belly. He meant they're... together." Jere sighed loudly, visibly upset by the news, "how do you know?"

"Are you serious? You shouldn't even care!" Conrad hissed, already annoyed with the two teens in his car.

Jere and Belly looked at each other. Both realizing multiple different things.

One, Conrad didnt want belly... and it wasn't because of Ana. Because he wouldn't be so upset about her with another boy.

Two, they were acting like they were together to make Ana and Conrad like them but it seemed to be backfiring in their faces.

Three, Jere might have just lost any, if not all, chances he had with Ana because of belly's idea.

And four... they're now gonna have to 'break up' and make up some random reason as to why they didnt work out and just try to get their people back on their own.

"What the fuck." Belly whispered, putting her head in her hands. Just now realizing how messy, and stupid, her plan was in the first place.