T W O .

JJ and Ana sat in the grass, books surrounding them as they desperately tried to study. But were miserably failing.

"You're beautiful." He smiled, watching as the girl started writing in her note book.

Ana looked up at the boy a smile making a way on her face, "thank you." She whispered.

It had been a couple of days since their date. And they decided to take things slow... very slow.

JJ was about to say something before Ana's phone rang. She looked to it and picked it up quickly when she saw the name 'Jere bear' pop up.

Her smile somehow got wider, "hello?"

"Hey, are you with Conrad?" He asked.

"Why would I be with Conrad?" She scoffed.

"I don't know. I know that's stupid. I'm sorry... uh-"

"Jere... what is going on?"

"Conrad's gone..."

Ana looked at JJ who seemed confused, he shook his head as if he was asking her what was wrong, but she just put up a 'one second' finger and got up walking away from him a little.

"Uh.. okay. How do you know he's gone? Couldn't he be like... literally anywhere that isn't school?" She asked.

"I don't know. He's not answering my texts or picking up my calls."

"Since when?"

"Yesterday."

"Okay..? So he's just busy. What's the problem?"

"Really? He gone!"

"I mean! I'm in the middle of finals, isn't he? Maybe he's busy at the library or something."

"No, no, I don't think so. Apparently, he told his roomate that everything is fucked, and just took off." Jere sighed.

JJ walked over to the young girl, all of his book and everything backed in his bag, he tapped her shoulder lightly making her turn around.

"I'm gonna go. I have to get to class." He whispered, kissing her cheek lightly, before smiling and walking away.

"Ana? Hello?"

"Sorry... I just- what do you need from me?"

"Who was that?" Jere asked.

After he called her and told her everything they stayed in touch... they were still best friends. But it was different after the summer they had...

"A friend."

"Never mind. Forget I said anything-"

"Jere! He's just a friend. Please, don't get all... I don't know. Let me help you, what can I do?"

"Okay.. can you meet me at brown in the morning? Please. I think he's going to need me... and maybe you."

Ana took a deep breath, and looked up before nodding her head sourly. She did not want to see Conrad, she didnt want to find Conrad, she wanted nothing to do with Conrad. But... this was for Jere.

"Yes, I'll be there."

"Thank you, Analise." He spoke softly, "I love you."

"I love you."

~

"Jere!" Ana shouted, running up to the boy.

He smiled widely at her. He's missed her. With college, and the distance, he hasn't been able to see her much.

"Hey!" He said, hugging her.

Before anything else was said, his phone started ringing, belly's name popping up on it.

"What's she calling you for?" Ana asked, pointing.

"Don't be mad." He sighed, he answered the phone and put it up to his ear, "hey... where? I am, with Ana. We're heading to Conrad's dorm now. Just meet us there." He said, hanging up the phone.

"What is she doing here?" Ana hissed, slapping the boys arm.

"Shes his... well I don't know anymore. Maybe he'll want to see her. Plus, she kinda gave me no choice." He said, as they started walking.

"So? After the funeral... her and I haven't been on the best of terms."

"... Ana, just please. Until we fine Conrad just try and be on 'good terms' with her."

Ana sighed, and nodded her head, "can I at least wait out here?"

Jere looked to the girl with a sympathetic face before nodding his head as well, sending her a small smile.

"I'll be right back." He said, giving her arm a squeeze before walking off.

~

"He's at cousins." Ana heard, and turned around to see jere and belly walking up to her.

"Why would he just take off to cousins?" Ana asked, not even looking at the younger girl.

"I don't know. I don't think he's missed a day of class in his life... not even when mom was sick." Jere sighed.

"I'm not sure." Belly said.

"Who was he yelling at on the phone?" Jere asked, "I mean it had to have been dad, right?"

"No, yeah, it was probably Adam. I mean, he and Conrad are always disagreeing on something." Ana said, walking up to Jere who was obviously pissed.

Belly looked at her, "sorry? When was the last time you even talked to him..?"

"Oh, you know, I talked to him a little into September." She sniped back, at the young girl.

"September..? But we were-"

"You two were dating, and you told Conrad not to call or text me because you didn't want his 'first love' anywhere near your guises relationship... yeah. Jere told me all about it." She smiled, sickly sweet.

"You know what-"

"Guys!" Jere shouted, "just stop for two seconds."

"Let's just go to cousins. Get this over with." Ana rubbed her face, getting in the front seat of the car.

"God, why is she here?" Belly whispered to Jere.

"Because he wanted me here. Windows down... genius." Ana spoke up. After the funeral, and after blocking Conrad she had found some new confidence.. 

Jere chuckled, before getting in the car.

"I-I'm coming with you." Belly mumbled getting into the back seat.