E L E V E N .

"What the fuck, Julia?" Conrad hissed at the woman as she entered the house, standing in front of all of the teens.

"I'm sorry. This must be such a shock. I-I spoke to your father this afternoon, and he and I decided that it would be best not to drag this out any longer than necessary."

"I don't give a shit what the two of you decided on. You had no right to touch anything in this house! Those were her things!" He shouted.

Steven and Ana walked up to the boy, about to calm him down, but Conrad quickly pushed Steven off of him, so Ana decided to keep her distance. Instead, Jere grabbed her, and pulled her into his side. Both of them holding back tears.

"Everything is in storage. I made sure that everyone was very careful with every single thing. I'm just doing what I have to do to sell this house." The woman sighed.

"Bullshit! You could have said something. You could have warned us! All you want to do is spite our mom constantly-"

"Enough! You're not the only one that's hurting here. And I'm not one you should be angry with. Your mother could have warned you that this was gonna happen. She just wanted to make me the bad guy as usual."

"I'm so sorry she was too busy dying to make your life a little easier. You know, it sucks that our grandfather loved her more than you, but I'm not surprised." He stormed out of the room, along with everyone else other than Ana and Skye.

Ana was so shocked. She even knew that Julia didnt deserve those hurtful words. She knew just as much as Skye and Julia that Susannah's death did affect the two of them as well.

"What did you say to them anyway?" Julia asked her child.

"I told them about shitmas. I mean, I just wanted them to understand why you're selling the house." Skye replied.

"You shouldnt have done that. That was private."

"Listen, I'm not gonna defend what Conrad just said, okay? That wasn't right. B- I... I can't defend you either, mom. I mean... can you?" They replied, and ran out following the other teens.

Julia leaned on the counter behind her and took a deep breath. Ana knew she was holding back tears. She remembered losing her sister... and even though Julia and Susannah were close, it's still her sister.

"I... I lost my sister when I was sixteen... she was eighteen." Ana started, wiping tears away, "I know how you feel, and I know that it is so hard for you. And I am so sorry for your loss..." she said, giving the woman a slight squeeze on her hand, before she walked out as well.

~

The teens ended up at the country club. None of them wanted to stay in the house that night, and they had nowhere else to go. With the help of Cameron who had happened to tag along after the boardwalk, they ended up getting inside.

"Hello!" Jere yelled, making sure no one else was there.

"So what do we do now?" Taylor asked, as Jere switched on the lights and everyone just walked around aimlessly.

"Can we get some food? I'm starving and you boys didnt want to share your candy." Ana whined, sitting on the couch.

"Me and Skye can go look in the kitchen." Cam piped up, it was obvious he had taking a liking to them.

"Can I come with? I have really specific snack requirements." Taylor asked, about to walk with them before Steven quickly stopped her.

"No, Taylor. You're coming with me. We'll fashion like blankets out of like... curtains or some shit."

"No I'm on snack patrol right now!"

"Okay? So? I need your loud ass voice to scare off all the murders." He said back, obviously flirting with the girl, Ana giggled and lightly shoved the girl, she'd consider a friend now, toward the boy.

"I know a place we could sleep. You guys wanna come?" Jere asked.

"Yeah, sure." Belly said, while Ana and Conrad both shook their heads.

"I'm okay, I'm just gonna wait here for cam and Skye.." Ana said.

"Okay, call me if you need me." He said, walking away with belly.

"Are you okay?" Ana asked, when the two were out of sight.

Conrad sighed loudly, "I never should have gone to the boardwalk."

"This is not your fault, Connie. There was no way you could have known what Julia was planning."

"Maybe, but she never would have don't it if I'd stayed back."

"... I'm sorry, lovely. Its is super messed up. But, we will figure it out. Together." Ana said, now standing in front of him.

Conrad took a deep breath before pulling the young girl into a hug, "I just hate her. Her sister died and she acts like... like it doesn't matter."

"After Lily died, I completely shut down. My parents had to sell her stuff just so they could afford her funeral. Instead of grieving my sister... I focused on selling her stuff on any site I could, and when I finally sold everything... I had to- I don't know." She sighed, wiping a tear quickly.

"I know Julia is not a bad person, sister, daughter, mother, or aunt. Shes just... doing what she thinks she needs to do. Please, just be patient with her." The girl finished.

Conrad kissed the top of the girls head on instinct. Not even realizing that he wasn't supposed to do anything like that with the young girl anymore. But when he did realize, and noticed Ana didn't even move a muscle, he did it one more time. Both of them just taking a moment together.