065 - Completed Trials

"SHIT."

She rushed to sit him down, all the way in the corner of the room. Blue lights blinded their eyes. This was clearly an operation room.

"Oh, fuck. This is bad- Thomas.. put pressure on it." Panicked, she bent down in front of him. Her hands shook terribly much as she pressed them on his stomach, causing Thomas to grunt again.

"Shit. Shit," she cursed. Fright and anger and worry overwhelmed her all at once. Sped her breathing up. "Just hold on. Oh, my god, Thomas. I don't know what to- what the hell do I do? I don't know. I- oh, hell no."

The door of the room opened. A dark figure walked into it. Luckily, Siren and Thomas were hidden in a corner, behind some sort of closet.

"Shh." Her voice was now so quiet she doubted if Thomas heard her. Her hand reached for his. She squeezed it, while he was only half able to hold hers. "Try to stay quiet," she whispered when he cried out of pain again.

If Thomas hadn't been shot, she would've attacked Janson. But she wouldn't leave Thomas injured. She wouldn't risk killing Janson just to come back for a dead Thomas.

"Hold on," she murmured, then she turned back to peek at Janson.

The man wasn't even saying anything as he walked around, but he knew the couple was there. And eventually, he would find them.

Siren's mind was spinning with solutions. She was immune to the bullets, Thomas wasn't. She wasn't shot, Thomas was. Janson's gun couldn't hurt her.

Make him run out of bullets, her eyes widened. Yes.

"You're gonna need to sit very still for a while, okay?" She murmured as quietly as possible. "Don't move. Don't resist or stop me."

Weakly, Thomas nodded. His eyes were duff. His skin was as white as a ghost and sweat trickled down his forehead. Not good.

Siren managed to turn around without making a sound. Thomas had his knees pulled up to his chest as he pressed against the bullet wound. Perfect. He was just a small ball, and she could easily wrap her arms around him.

"Don't move," she whispered again. Thomas was buried in between her arms and the wall, and no parts of his body were visible for Janson.

"And who do we have here." The cruel voice hit her like a brick, even though it had been her plan for him to show up behind her.

And the gunshots started. A thousand at once. Rattling and ringing in her ears. Blurring her vision and making her mouth fall open from the intense pressure she suddenly felt. Her back was being filled with bullets. Her arms, her ankle... any visible body part for Janson got hit.

Her body worked against the metal. Melted it and healed her skin, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt or exhaust her. The pain made her scream, except it was muffled in Thomas's shoulder.

Fire ripped through her back, almost as if Amery was cutting her again. The metal burned through her skin. It felt like her heart would explode. Her stomach made jumps with each gunshot she heard. Her own blood splashed against her skin and the walls before her cells stopped the blood from coming.

"Almost," she whispered to Thomas, the pain almost nagging in her voice. The gunshots were like horror in her ear. "He's almost out. Just hold on," and she let go of a deep breath she had been holding.