051 - Discovering The Past

SIREN woke up before Thomas, probably to the quiet snores leaving his mouth again. His breaths hit her hair. She was somewhat under the blanket, against his chest with his arms still wrapped around her.

Comfortable, but hot. His body temperature hadn't exactly been going down after last night. So sadly, she had to crawl away before she would suffocate.

"Alright." She smiled, as if he could hear or see her. Ugh.

She sat down on her knees next to the bed and ran another hand through his hair. "I'm going to eat some breakfast and I'll bring you something too, okay? I'll get something cold so you won't have to rush."

Her smile already faded when she walked into the main room. No one was there yet, and she kind of hoped it stayed that way. She liked the peace, and didn't feel like speaking to people about how she left in the middle of their meal.

Come on! Her boyfriend was sick! They couldn't forbid her to check up on him. And even if he wasn't sick, they still couldn't tell her what to do.

She started boiling water just when a door opened and someone walked into the room. Siren didn't look up. Just hoped for the rest.

"You're up bloody early. Watcha doin'?"

"I could say the same to you," she murmured before she gave Newt a small nod. "Just making tea and trying to make a nice breakfast."

"All right." Newt sat down on the table and peeked at her work. "Tommy's still ill, isn't he?"

Siren nearly frowned. For her, being ill meant being mentally sick, for Newt it was kind of the other way around. Talking about the many kinds English there existed..

"Yeah. Still is," she confirmed. "The breakfast is for him. I just don't know what to make. Hot food won't be the solution because it'll be cold once he wakes up."

"I'll help." He got off the table again. "He will be fine with a sandwich."

"Yeah."

Newt took all the stuff he needed to make a sandwich. Siren just watched a bit, not sure how to help anymore.

"Wanna make the tea British?"

"Uh, sure." She shrugged. "What's the difference, though?"

"Grab the milk." He held up his hand. Siren handed him the milk. "It would be awesome if we put the hot water in a cup too."

She poured the water into a cup. "Black tea?"

"Whatever you think Tommy likes."

"He definitely doesn't like black tea."

"Chamomile will work to soothe him. Add that."

She did as she was told. Let the tiny bag chamomile sit and drain into the water for a while, then pulled it out.

"Now what? We add bloody British blood?"

"No." Newt shook his head, chuckling. "We add the milk."

Before Siren knew it, Newt poured a great amount of milk into the tea, which changed to a less nice color.

She stared at it, nearly wide-eyed. "You did not just add milk into tea."

"I said, British tea. Milk tea."

"First of all, milk is disgusting. Second of all, you can't add milk into clear water. Look at that!" She spat out. "Ew."

"Don't judge by the cover. Just try it!" Newt pushed the cup in her hands. It wasn't hot anymore, according to the fact that blonde British idiot just added cold milk to it. "Come on."