058 - A Job To Finish

WITHOUT hesitation, Siren walked toward the building. The knife she always carried in her pocket, was now in her hand.

Her knuckles turned white around it. While yelling at Vince, she said things about Jorge that weren't even his fault. It was Amery. And now he would finally pay.

Her head thumped in her throat when she banged on the door.

Her plan? Just killing anyone in her way. She had blood on her hands already. This wouldn't add much. 

"Yes?" A cracky voice. It nearly caused Siren to jump, because the door never opened.

Ah, a speaker next to the handle.

"Let me in," she ordered. "I need to see Amery."

"Name?"

"Your mom."

"Name?"

"Ava Paige."

"Name."

She rolled her eyes. "Siren. Tell Amery. He'll know enough."

About a minute of anxiously waiting later, the man spoke back. "We'll bring you to him."

And the door opened. Siren's eyes met a pair of darker ones, buried under a bush of eyebrows. A bald, man with a fat stomach. Siren coldly stared at him.

"Come with me," he said.

Well, that went easy.

Clenching her fists, Siren followed the man inside. After the Cranks and how she killed them, she wasn't afraid, and with the anger running through her veins right now, it was even easier.

She hid the knife in her sleeve as they walked into a room. It had nothing but gray walls and included at least a dozen grown men, along with Amery, who stood in the middle of it all.

Just seeing his disgusting face gave her the shivers. His now cleaner shaved, dark beard. His messy hair and those eyes piercing through her body.

"What a nice surprise, Siren."

"Amery." She nodded, glancing at the other men. "You're convinced you need that many men protecting you from a single girl?"

"Maybe." He smiled in a way it made Siren want to puke. "I mean, it's not nothing to kill my ex boss."

"He was a jerk who only seemed strong because he had big talk," Siren spat. "And you're a perverted piece of shit."

His eyebrows flew up. "I see you found out."

She felt her jaw tighten. "Jorge told me the truth after I got memories."

"You don't seem to hate him now."

"I don't," she stated.

"It always amazed me how he locked you up and wouldn't even listen. Really, I thought I'd be caught earlier. The fact you show up here after everything proves some bravery."

"Why thank you." Again, she nearly rolled her eyes.

"Now, what brings you back here? You enjoyed last time that much?"

"Sure I did." She crossed her arms once she felt her throat tighten. The conversation was longer than she wanted.

"But I'm here to kill you." Siren tilted her head. Sighed dramatically, and glared at the men again. "Though I'm afraid I won't even make it close to you or I'll already be killed."

Amery looked around. Nodded at someone.

In a second, a man rushed forward to grab Siren. Also in a second, she had pulled her knife out and slid his throat before he managed to even reach her.