056 - Midnight Meetings

THE only problem for Siren to sneak to the training room was avoiding to wake Thomas up.

While his arms were wrapped around her tightly.

And his whole body was on top of her, his head snuggled against her chest.

"Sorry, love," she murmured. Again, her eyes widened. This was the second time she called him that while he was asleep. It didn't even make sense. Well, whatever. "But I'm just gonna..."

Gently, she pushed him off her. Thomas wasn't the lightest sleeper, so that was a benefit.

"I promise I'll be back," she added. "Just gotta see what they have to say, alright? Alright. Love you, bye."

She tiptoed out of the building, over the beach, and to their smaller building, where the weapon room was located. Her legs were covered in the gray sweatpants and she still wore her pajama shirt, but that wouldn't be a problem... hopefully.

Marie and Brenda were already there when Siren arrived, both of them just chilling on a couch in the corner.

"There our woman is. What took you so long?"

Siren stuck her hands in her pockets; nights close to the Scorch weren't exactly warm. "Thomas was being difficult in his sleep."

The two girls smiled. "Don't worry about it, though. It's fine. Sit!"

Siren rushed to sit down in front of them. "So, what mysterious klunk is going on now?"

"We had an idea."

"A very good idea."

"It's a good idea but if it goes wrong it's bad."

"If Vince finds out, he's gonna say it's a bad idea."

"Same with everyone-."

"-except for us 'cause we're just cool."

"And we might die."

"But we won't, 'cause we're badass."

Siren stared at the two girls for a while. They grinned stupidly. "Alright. Tell me more."

"It has to do with Minho," Brenda started. "All three of us are aware we won't be able to break inside the city right now and without help... but we do have a plan to help beforehand."

Siren raised her eyebrows.

"You remember the trains?"

She nodded. "Obviously."

"Well, Marie overheard Zach and Reeve about how this train wasn't the only one. Every single night a train, car, or any vehicle passes the place where we saved Aris and Sonya."

Siren straightened her back. Her heart made a jump. "You wanna sabotage them," she realized.

"Bingo."

"We block the rails and go inside whatever vehicle it is. We threaten the passengers and ask what they're doing... with a gun to their head. If they have anything to do with WICKED, we kill 'em."

"Oh, and we just got the idea of stealing the supplies they brought too. Who knows we'll finally get some real conditioner. My hair's a mess." Marie leaned forward. "You in, woman?"

"Sure." She nodded straight away. "Of course."

Brenda got up from the couch. "I happened to come across some sewers here. A few months ago, we negotiated with them and they made us suits. Damn suits!"

"Wow," Siren gulped. "And this has been going on for a few months?"

"Yeah. We were always planning to involve you, but we first had to finish our original plan, like we did yesterday. Unfortunately, our predictions were right and we weren't able to save everyone."