046 - I Love You

THOMAS claimed he had some plans to make with Jorge and Vince after dinner. Siren refused to join because by now, she really felt the need to clean up. Like, badly.

"Hey, Reeve." He was sitting at the kitchen table as she walked in, an almost empty plate in front of him. "Do we happen to have any shampoo or something?"

He ran a hand over his forehead to wipe his sticky, wet curls away. He seemed to have washed himself too. Explained why he was eating this late. "No. We haven't been able to get these supplies."

"Alright." She hesitated. It had been such a long time since she caught up with Reeve.. "Are you okay, by the way?"

"Yeah." He looked up when she sat down across from him. "Just... exhausted. Mentally and physically."

"Oh." Deep talks. Not her best kind of talks. "How could I help? Or do you want space?"
Not bad, not bad.

"I don't need space. But I also don't want to do something that costs a lot of energy." He muttered, rubbing his eyes. When Siren looked closely enough, she could see the darker bags around them.

"Drawing might help. Perhaps going to sleep early? I wouldn't mind taking a walk with you." She suggested, mentally smiling she was actually able to help a little bit. "Food? Or-."

The door opened, and Zach stepped in the room. His hair was matted to his forehead by a thin layer of sweat, but his gaze softened. "Sorry. Did I interrupt anything?"

"No." Reeve said, just as Siren was about to say the same. "What's up?"

"Gonna sleep already. Quite tired after everything." Zach stretched his muscles. "Good night."

Three seconds after Zach disappeared, Reeve got up. "I'll go to sleep too. Maybe I'll catch some cuddles." His cheeks turned red. "Alright. Night, Ren."

"I- yeah, uh- night." She covered her disappointment up with a smile.

It would've been great to spend time with Reeve, and she had been happy to finally be able to help. But if he was tired, that was perfectly fine too.

She went looking for Brenda, to ask if she could lend any clothes, or at least lingeries. She could bathe in the sea with her own, because she wasn't gonna skinny dip, and then dress in dry ones, but she didn't have those.

Also, she was beginning to wonder how WICKED stopped her period. She didn't remember getting it when she was captured. An immediate suspicion was the injections they kept giving her. Ouch, those hurt. She got shivers thinking about it again.

"Brenda." Siren made a little sprint toward the girl, surprising herself with how tired she was by just that.

Brenda looked up from her book. Though Siren had already seen her, she only now noticed her hair had grown out to her shoulders. It looked just as nice as before.

"Yo." A smile. "You alright?"

"Yeah. I was just wondering.." Awkward. "Well, I haven't received any clothes since I came back so I was wondering if perhaps you could lend me some... underwear. So I can clean myself up. In the sea... as they said." Very awkward.

But Brenda smiled even brighter. "Of course. I got my bag near my hammock. Come on." A tug at her sleeve. "So, you doing okay so far? Sure must've been a change to just... live here again, I guess."

"It was, yeah. But I'll get used to it. Rather this than getting tortured."

Brenda stopped in an instant and turned around, her eyes widening. "Tortured?"