𝟎𝟎𝟕.

"Okay, what's wrong?" Sevyn asked Allison, they were out dress shopping for the formal tonight and Allison looked a little bummed which was killing her mood

"Nothing's wrong, I just - I have a lot on my mind," Allison told her while avoiding eye contact.

"You could smile, at least. Ever heard of the saying, 'Never frown. Someone could be falling in love with your smile'?" Lydia told her. "Smile, Allison. We're buying you a dress."

"Have to admit, as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected," Allison said to Lydia.

"Excellent," Lydia said as she turned back to the dress rack.

"But not as much as I'm going to ask," Allison added.

"What? What's that supposed to mean?" Lydia asked, confused, as she looked between Sevyn and Allison.

"It means you're going to cancel on whatever dumb, roided-up jock you said yes to, and you're going to go with somebody else."

"Who?"

"Him," Allison said as she pointed to Stiles, who wasn't all that far away from them.

"Don't frown, Lydia. Someone could be falling in love with your smile," Sevyn said, repeating what Lydia had said to Allison previously with a little laugh.

— .•☆: *.☽. * :☆ •. —

The night of the formal, Sevyn was sitting as she watched Stiles desperately try to get Lydia to dance with him.

"Lydia, get up - okay? You're gonna dance with me. I don't care that you made out with my best friend for some weird power thing, I don't-" Stiles started, Sevyn looked at them confused. Scott and Lydia made out?

"Lydia, I've had a crush on you since the third grade. And I know that somewhere inside that cold, lifeless exterior there's an actual human soul. And I'm also pretty sure that I'm the only one who knows how smart you really are. Uh - huh. And that once you're done pretending to be a nitwit - you'll eventually go off and write some insane mathematical theorem that wins you the Nobel Prize."

"A Fields Medal." Lydia corrected him

"What?"

"Nobel doesn't have a prize for mathematics. The Fields Medal's the one I'll be winning"

Lydia then stood up and dragged Stiles to go dance. Sevyn stayed seated at her table and just watched her best friend with a small smile.

— .•☆: *.☽. * :☆ •. —

Moments later, Sevyn noticed that Lydia had disappeared, so she went to go find her. As she was walking outside, she heard a low growl which made her stop in her tracks.

She looked up and was met with a big creature, the same one she saw that day at the video store.

It was big, really big, and furry, and its red eyes as bright as ever. Sevyn screamed as she tried to run, but it pounced on her and bit her, hard, right on her abdomen.

Sevyn screamed out in pain, and the creature ran away.

So many things were running through the girl's mind. She thought she was going to die until she felt somebody run to her side.

It was a boy, with fluffy blonde hair. She smiled, "Are you my guardian angel?" she asked him, a little dazed from the amount of blood she was losing.

"No, no, I'm here to help," he said as he pulled out his phone and dialed 911. "Hi, yes, we need an ambulance to Beacon Hills High School, like now," he said and hung up a few moments later.

"Am I going to die?" she asked him, and he just shook his head.

"No, I don't think you're going to die," he told her while trying to keep her awake. "You're going to be fine, you just need to stay awake."

They then heard sirens in the distance, and he sighed in relief. "You hear that?" he asked her. "They're here."

When the ambulance came and got settled, the boy watched as they dragged her away on a stretcher, then saw another stretcher get pulled in.

He looked closer and saw Lydia on the stretcher.

He was brought out of thought when Sheriff Stilinski walked up next to him. "Can you tell me what happened?" he asked the boy, but he just shook his head.

"She was like that when I found her. I just heard her scream, and there she was," he told him honestly.

"Okay, son, I believe you," he sighed as he rubbed his temple. "What's your name again? I need it for your statement."

"It's Isaac, Isaac Lahey."