Victory and Defeat

(Fire nation coast).

Captain Ziya  was a young fire nation captain and one of the few officers at the gates of azulon. All she had been told by general shinu was her forces were to halt the invasion that would be coming sometime today.

However unlike many of her comrades she was very concerned that this invasion would be done by the empire who had recently launched a series of hammering attacks against their frontlines. She had seen the empire's power first hand at Gaoling and zon lao and she knew that they were not weak.

"Captain look." One of her soldiers says handing her a spy glass. 

In the distance were large ships steaming right towards the gates of azulon.

"Where's the home defense fleet."

"Sunk mam we have no naval defense."

Ziya was terrified she new the empire was powerful but she had silently hoped that they weren't the ones who would be invading the homeland.

"Prepare the troops and order them to abandon the towers once those guns get in range they will pummel us. Also have-"

She didn't get to finish as she saw weird machines come out from under the ocean and suddenly she realized that this was a full scale invasion by the entire world.

(HMS Kaiser).

Aboard the battleship Kaiser Visha and her officers gathered around a small conference table.

"The rebel army has landed and began its assault."

"Good do the divisions know their targets?"

"Yes mam General Schneider and his men the 6th infantry division will secure our landing zone, Geral Hans and the 2nd panzer division will advance rapidly into caldera city, General Weiss and the 43rd infantry division will reinforce the avatar if necessary."

"And me and the 8th panzer division will follow the main invasion force. Very well Prepare the mages and bombers We will need air cover."

Sure enough 2 hours later stukas and Bf-109s were slicing through the fire nation ranks and teh imperial forces began to land.

( 6th division.)

"DON'T JSUT SIT THERE IN YOUR BOATS MEN. SHOW THESE FIRE BENDERS WHO'S BOSS."

"SIR YES SIR." His men all yell as they charge the fire benders.

"Sir the 6th platoon report heavy losses and the 11th and 23rd companies are engaged in heavy fighting."

"Reroute the 407th Battalion to reinforce them and order the 305th and 27th battalions to advance."

"Yes sir."

"REMEMBER SOLDIERS WE MUST SECURE THIS LANDING ZONE SO WE CAN ACHIVE VICTORY."

"YES SIR."

Schneider and his men continued to suffer heavy losses until finally with the aid of some water benders the landing zone was secured. 

(2nd panzer).

However Unlike Schneider and the 6th the 2nd panzer division was encountering heavier resistance and they had to secure the main city.

"ON YOUR LEFT FIRE BENDERS." 

"PUSH FORWARD WE'RE ROUTING THEM."

"WE'VE GOT A COMPANY OF FIRE NATION SOLDIERS HERE SURRENDERING."

"THE ECLIPSE HAS STARTED HURRY SPREAD OUT AND SECURE THE PRISONSERS."

Hans looked up at the sky and noticed the eclipse and he knew they only had 12 minutes. 'If the avatar doesn't kill the fire lord this whole invasion will fail.'

(43rd).

Weiss couldn't believe how well made the fire nation had made this bunker complex. Concerned that it may be a trap Weiss advised the avatar to not enter it cause he had no idea how long it would take to search it all. 

However he reluctantly agreed to follow the avatar into the bunker. However he took 2'000 men with him and ordered the rest to wait for 20 minutes. If they weren't back out by then send half inside. 

"This must be the fire lord's chambers ."

"Even if it is don't you all believe that the minister told us a bit to willingly."

'Come on general can't you just accept that the universe is finally on our side for once."

Weiss then reluctantly ordered his men to open the door.

"Well so the avatar is alive huh." Azula says with a smirk as the imperial soldiers all aim their guns at her." 

'Princess Azula by order of field marshal Degurechauf you are to taken in as a prisoner secure her." 

"I'm afraid not general you see you've all played right into my hands."

"ITS A TRAP." One of the soldiers yells as a fist made from earth collides with his helmet. 

Unfortunately fire bending soon was restored. 

"YOU ALL RUN WE WILL HOLD THEM OFF."

"NO GENERAL COME WITH US."

"AVATAR THIS BATTLE IS LOST BUT YOU MUST SURVIVE IF WE HAVE ANY HOPE OF WINNING THE WAR." Weiss says as he and his men charge into the bunker.

(8th panzer).

After learning of the loss of Weiss and his division visha with tears streaming down her eyes ordered for the army to retreat.

however the fire nation soon launched their airships against the empire and their allies.

'come on everyone we can't make it to the subs but our ships will have the room necessary to transport all of us."

"Are you sure."

"Yes now come on. Mages intercept those air ships and hold them off."

5 mage battalions soon were unleashing their entire magazines on the air ships as fire benders and imperials continued to fall in battle the avatar and his friends continued to run to board the imperial transport ships as tanks and imperial soldiers fired into teh sky to cover for them.

"ALL ANTI AIR GUNS TARGET THOSE AIR SHIPS AND BRING THEM DONW."

"YES ADMIRAL." The soldiers yell as explosion rain down on the air ships as the gunners try to provide some cover for their allies. 

Fortunately most of teh rebel army was intact. Aang and his friends walked on deck as visha ordered for the fleet to head back to Shou-long. 

quote: sacrifice without purpose is useless. never forget why we celebrate Christmas and the ultimate sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for us all.