A Evil Gamble

(fire lords palace).

"General Ziho Please begin your report."

"Yes sir. As you all know princess Azula recently discovered the avatar's whereabouts in omashu and is currently in pursuit. Also Kozu was brought in to replace Harsha as commander of the eastern army. However the eastern army is suffering heavy losses. The empire' s new offensives against us have been severely hammering our advances to ba sing se and putting strains on The eastern army's logistics and numbers."

'What would you recommend then General." Ozai says glaring at him angerly.

"I would propose sir." he begin with a visible gulp." That we transfer reinforcements to the eastern army at once so we can begin to push back. "

Ozai was now staring at the map with a cold expression illuminated by the flames of the throne room. 

"Tell Kozu reinforcements will be sent. However they are not to be sent against the empire." 

"Sir what are you getting at." 

"My dear generals and ministers I remind you all that Minister Qin Is developing a massive drill that will tunnel it's way into Ba sing se and claim us a great victory. I also remind you all the empire claims it fights for the people so lets destroy their hope and crush their resolve." 

"How do you plan to do that sir."

"Here east of the si Wong desert are 4 earth kingdom villages. The reinforcements will advance and occupy them."

"But sir those villages are quite far from our supply routes."

"Are you questioning me general."

"NO sir I'm merely stating that it will be difficult to resupply the occupation forces with such a distance for our supplies to travel."

"You raise a good point General. Make sure the troops also eliminate any possible resistance and raid the Villages for supplies." 

When ozai finished explaining his plan the generals all applauded however General Ziho feared that these attacks would not discourage the empire. He feared it would embolden them to be more aggressive. 

(Imperial Shou long). 2 weeks later

A messenger was running through the bustling military base looking for the command building. 

Meanwhile Tanya was discussing the war efforts with her generals.

"Our forces are holding along the Desert line and we are continuing to repel the fire nations attacks. However I would like to request some new panzer divisions to help us break the deadlock."

Tanya sat contemplating the information she was given. However she eventually nodded her head giving her approval for the General's request.

"Thank you mam I thought you should also know-." He was abruptly cut off by a messengers arrival.

"What is going on." Tanya asks glancing at the messenger.

" I apologize mam but The 4th air fleet's reconnaissance report contains something they thought you should see here." He says handing Tanya the report.

Tanya's eyes bulged and then her face morphed into a frown." Those cruel illogical monsters."

"Mam what's wrong." 

"The fire nation launched an attack against 4 earth kingdom villages here." she says pointing to 4 locations on teh map in front of them. 

"WHAT Those village should no military significance what so ever so why take them."

'That's not all. According to the report recon saw numerous buildings on fire."

"That's against the rules of war it puts civilians at risk we can't let them get away with this mam."

"They won't."

"General Colman you take 12th and 17th panzer corps and liberate those villages at once."

"Yes mam at once." 

"I also want the 7th and 4th air fleets to be fully refueled and armed." 

"What for mam." 

'Simple they are going to pay teh fire nation capital a visit however make sure they only attack military targets outside the city. I also want 3 mage battalions going with them. But I want them to be high enough for the fire nations people to see that they aren't invincible. This will teach the fire lord a lesson on what happens when you decide to murder and kill for fun."

"Yes mam." All present say in unison. 

1 week later the 12th and 17th panzer corps advanced on the 4 villages liberating the villages from the fire nation. 

"We thank you for freeing us." 

"Think nothing of it we fight for freedom and peace and we will defend it to teh death." General Colman declares to the surrounding  mayors. He was however surprised at how welcomes the imperial army was in the villages hugs flowers and numerous gifts had found their way into his soldiers arms. 

"Now then I'm afraid we will be staying in your villages as forward bases but I can assure you there will be no taxes or anything demanded form your people you have my word."

"Actually general we want to help your fatherland win this war. We are close to some mines that have very valuable ores that can help your war effort surely." 

"Yes that is true that those ores can help fuel our factories but I don't want your people doing something they don't want to do." 

Another mayor then stands up and slams a fist on the table making the others jump." We want to help you General we want to help defeat the fire nation." He says with a determined look in his eyes. 

"Very well then welcome to the empire. I thought you all should know that our field marshal is planning to drop a little surprise on the fire nation capital." He says with a big smirk and a determined stare. 

AUTHORS NOTES: I'm sorry its been a while since i updated i hope you all like this chapter though. Also get ready for some fun action in the next chapter. 

inspirational quote: challenges will always find you. however do not get discouraged just cause they seem difficult you are strong and you can overcome them no matter what.