✯ 35 ✯ The Second Game

•(Y/N) (L/N)•

"Those at the top will suffer the most. Of course that's something you'll hear over and over again at UA. Show us what Plus Ultra means. Midoriya, Izuku placed first in the qualifier, he'll be worth ten million!" Midnight reiterated.

I could see Izuku looking down and I felt bad for him, however learning this lesson was important for him in the anime and it's just as important now. Katsuki is right about one thing, I can't always be by his side.

"First years! These are the rules that you'll abide by. The game itself will last fifteen minutes, individual point values will be added together to reach your team total. Everyone will know how much you're worth thanks to our headbands. Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise your team's score. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up, so the more you steal the harder it will be to manage them. And another thing, even if your headband gets stolen or your team falls down, you can keep playing until times up!" Midnight explained.

"It's anyone's game then," Yaoyorozu said.

"Yeah and since there are forty-two contestants there'll be ten or twelve teams fighting on the field the entire time," Sato said.

"Sounds hard," Aoyama said.

"So if you lose your headband at the beginning you have more time to makeup a plan," Ashido said.

"I don't know Mina, I think we should wait and see how the teams turn out before we start strategizing," Tsu said.

Protecting my headbands won't be too bad. Creating shields around my team would prevent most attacks, however depending on who my team is we might need more headbands to make it through. In that case dropping my shield quickly and putting it back up just as quick will be more of an issue.

"This is going to be rough, you may use your quirks as much as you'd like. But there are still rules. Make a team fall on purpose and I'll slap you with a red card. You'll be disqualified!" Midnight announced.

There goes Katsuki's plan.

"Now you've got fifteen minutes to build your teams. I recommend you get started!" Midnight called.

Everyone immediately surrounded me and it was difficult to decide what team I'd want. Being the rider would be the best for me as I would be the one protecting the headbands. That means I need a strong front and two other skilled runners.

"Sparkle bomb!" Katsuki called.

"No, no way," I replied.

"Eh?!" Katsuki yelled.

"You don't want to partner with us (L/N), we'd be really strong with you on our team!" Kirishima smirked.

"Katsuki pissed me off, plus I need someone else," I replied.

"Like who?!" Katsuki asked.

"Doesn't matter, good luck!" I waved.

I began walking towards Shoto who turned towards me and smiled ever so slightly.

"Got a plan?" I asked.

"I'm beginning to make one," Shoto said, pointing over to Yaoyorozu.

"Great! I have a plan, if you're willing to team up," I offered.

"Absolutely," Shoto replied.

"Yaoyorozu?" I asked.

"I couldn't think of anyone better," Yaoyorozu smiled.

"Sho, you aren't set on being the rider, are you?" I asked.

"Not really, why?" Shoto asked.

"If I'm the runner, protecting our headband would be a piece of cake with my shields, speaking of sorry about earlier," I apologized.