✯ 15 ✯ Heated Encounter

•(Y/N) (L/N)•

As we finished up the rest of our physical fitness tests I tried to keep Izuku calm until we finished our mile run.

I watched as my childhood friend bent over panting. I guess all that training with him helped a little. He's not passing out.

As I moved to walk towards him a hand grabbed my wrist.

"The results are in," Shoto said, pulling me to where the other students were gathering.

"Alright time to give you your results. I've ranked you all from best to worst, you should probably have a good idea of your standing already. I'll just pull up the whole list, it's not worth going over each individual score," Mr. Aizawa said.

I could see Izuku freaking out and I couldn't help but smile and look forward.

"Excuse me (L/N), are you not worried for Midoriya at all?" Uraraka asked quietly.

"Hmm? Oh don't worry, everything will be fine," I replied.

Mr. Aizawa made the list appear and I looked to find my name. Surprisingly I found my name in second. Under Yaoyorozu and above Shoto. Of course Midoriya was at the bottom and I could see Izuku's face drop.

"And I was lying, no ones going home," Mr. Aizawa said, making the chart disappear.

A second passed of shocked silence and I had to cover my mouth to prevent myself from laughing at everyone's faces.

"That was just a rational deception to make sure you gave it your all in the tests," Mr. Aizawa smiled.

Everyone yelled in shock and I could see Izuku go pale.

"I'm surprised the rest of you didn't figure that out. I'm sorry I guess I should've said something," Yaoyorozu said.

Everyone looked at her in surprise and disbelief. I couldn't help it as my arms wrapped around my stomach and I laughed.

"(L/N), you knew?" Uraraka asked.

"I told you not to worry, didn't I?" I asked, wiping tears from my eyes.

"That was pretty nerve wracking, huh?" Sero asked Kirishima.

"Nah, I'm always down for a challenge," Kirishima replied.

"That's it, we're done for the day. Pick up a syllabus in the classroom. Read it over before tomorrow morning," Mr. Aizawa said.

People began chatting as Izuku let out a relieved sigh.

"You couldn't have told me?" Izuku asked.

"After what you shouted out earlier, absolutely not," I said, crossing my arms and turning away from the boy.

"(L/N), hurry up and use your quirk. Midoriya, things are gonna be tougher tomorrow when your actual training begins. Make sure you're prepared," Mr. Aizawa said.

As he walked away I could feel my heart racing.

'He called my name again! Yes! And I impressed him during these exams! Double yes! Ahhh I can't wait till we have a proper class with him,' I thought, letting out a pleased sigh.

"(Y/N)?" Izuku asked.

"Hmm? Oh right! Your finger, here," I said.

Izuku held out his finger and I gently held it in my hands. I focused my energy into the area and my hands began to glow. I could see Izuku's shoulders relax and his eyes closed.

'Is it really that comforting?' I thought.

Once I finished I pulled my hands back and Izuku's finger was back to normal.