✯ 27 ✯ Rainy Day

•(Y/N) (L/N)•

Crap!

Crap!

Crap!

It just had to rain on the day I forgot my umbrella!

I ran through the street until I found a small store that had an awning. I ran under it while holding the bags of clothes with one hand. They were a mix of clothes for my mother and for myself.

"Just my luck," I groaned as I tried to shake off the water.

I set my bags down for a moment and reached up to my hair and ran my right hand through it. I then grabbed my hair and rung the water out. It was a bit...comedic how much water my hair can absorb in a relatively short amount of time.

I struggled to tie my hair back up. I then used my shirt to try and dry my cast. I sighed as I looked out to the rainy city.

The streets were mostly empty with a man or woman running through the water every now and again or someone walking with an umbrella.

It was peaceful.

I'd always loved stormy and rainy days in my past life. It always allowed me to stay inside with a comfy blanket, listening to the drops of rain hit the windows.

It seems that love passed into this life too.

However I felt more uneasy than I remembered. While I still love rainy days I seem nervous being out in the open. Like something was about to go wrong at every turn I made.

I heard the store's doors open and I turned my head to see an open black umbrella facing. The umbrella was raised above the person's head.

The person using the umbrella was a boy around my age, and I recognized him almost immediately. His messy purple hair that looked as if static was making it stand at all times, the eyebags showing the insomnia I always assumed he had, purple eyes, and skinny form.

Hitoshi Shinso.

He turned to look at me and I smiled before turning to look at the rainy city. It was silent for a moment as I stood awkwardly quiet.

"Do you need help?" Shinso asked.

"Oh, no. I just forgot my umbrella today, so I'm waiting for it to calm down a bit," I smiled.

"It doesn't look like it's going to anytime soon. It's supposed to start storming soon," Shinso said.

"Really? Ugh, I should've looked at the weather today," I sighed.

Another moment of silence followed before I grabbed the bags. I prepared myself to run when Shinso grabbed my wrist.

"What are you doing?" Shinso asked.

"Running home," I replied.

"You'll get sick. Let me walk with you," Shinso offered.

"I couldn't accept that. You'd be going out of your way," I replied.

"It's fine," Shinso replied.

"Alright," I smiled.

Shinso walked next to me and we walked out into the street. With the umbrella covering both of us we remained dry, well aside from me from running in the rain earlier, as I began heading towards my place.

"I'm (L/N), (Y/N). Nice to meet you," I smiled.

"Shinso, Hitoshi," he replied.

"Thank you for helping me," I said.

"You know, you accept people's help too easily," Shinso said.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"You don't know me and yet you accepted my offer to walk with you very quickly. Yet I could be a killer or stalker and you never even asked," Shinso said.