Chapter - 23: Facing The Music

Hey guys!!

These chapters are a little tough and complicated. Please spend some time on them to let the idea and actions sink in.

I tried to keep all the characters intact in the way they respond and react. I will appreciate if you can share your feedback on how the characters progressed from Day 1 to today.

Apne opinions mujh Tak zarur pahunchayiye. If not in comments, then through DMs.

Happy reading.

Best
Manisha!!

At Bansal Paradise:

"Abhimanyu Birla softie hain. Says the guy who bore the most brunt. That should mean something na Aradhna. Should ring a bell.

In fact.....parson bhi maar kha chuke... yeh mahashay, the day you dropped the kids off and now look at him?" Rohan laughed pointing at Neil. Neil shrugged and Aradhna looked surprised.

"Really! I can't imagine my Mom or Dad or my elder Brother raising their voice at me and me taking it. I will just revolt and leave the house. I can't handle that much domination" Aradhna spoke honestly. 

"It's about how you look at it. To each their own, Aradhna. Agar koi bahut zyada mature ho aur uske liye yeh sab common nahi ho, toh it's natural to feel the way you just mentioned. 

Aise log ho toh unhe usi language mein samjhana chahiye jo unhe samajh mein aata ho. For example, mere saath Bhai waise nahi behave karte jaise in sab ke saath karte hain. 

He has his own way of pulling me up for things I may do wrong. Something that is apt for my maturity. He just knows what works the best for whom. He knows us all too well." Rohan stated.

"Isn't too much control in one person's hands too dangerous? What if it gets exploited?" Aradhna questioned. She was thinking of how her Dad controls everyone at home.

She hated it when she had to comply to everything, he said no matter how stupid it may sound to her. If she or anyone dared to differ, there will be an argument and full-on ignorance for weeks. The egos are too big to bend and only miracles or a huge time off would set things back to normal. Hers was a happy family and her father wasn't a bad person either, but they render her helpless a lot of times and for not the right reasons. She detests the powerplay and how oblivious her father was about it. 

"That depends on the person also na Aru. Exploiting is out of question. Bhai ko toh control karne ka koi shauk bhi nahi hain. 

But yahan dikkat yeh hain ki unke sare Bache aur siblings shaitan hain aur unke saamne Bache banke rehna prefer karte hain. Exceptions exist, like me." Rohan reverted.

But mostly we all like being pampered, cared for, being pulled up for recklessness, getting coaxed to finish up meals and dumping all the tensions on him. 

Isliye he doesn't have a choice but to deal with us that way. Hum waise hi sunte hain. That doesn't make him dominating Aru. That makes him endearing.

Because he is just looking out for us. That too... because, we want it to be that way" Neil said proudly raising his imaginary collar.

Aradhna was astonished, "Acha! Hypothetically socho, agar woh mujhse deal karenge toh kaise karenge?" Aradhna asked curiously and Neil almost choked. 

Did she just say that? What does that even mean in the first place? Why would she want to know that? He was in a haze, so, Rohan spoke up.

"Kya tum careless ho? Reckless ho? Ek cheez baar baar dohrana padta hain? Kya tum khana skip karti ho, Kya tum apna kaam time se nahi karti? Kya tum sneak out karti ho....?" Rohan kept asking and she kept saying no or shaking her head.