Chapter - 15: The Interview

At Akshnav's Residence in Mumbai:

Akshara has been very irritated after Roohi's denial. She just snapped at anyone and everyone for no solid reason. People have been walking on eggshells when they were around her. Her team was scared that there was an interview scheduled that day with a very reputed media house. Her mood became the cause for their worry, and they were praying for their jobs. 

If something went wrong or the anchor asked an out of line question, their Boss will have their heads for sure. Especially when she was in such a foul mood. The media team would be arriving any moment now and they wished their boss calmed down before their arrival. They didn't want to go around clearing the mess. All of them got alert as soon as Akshara walked in looking like the Diva she is. 

Contrary to how she looked a few moments ago, she was looking very calm and composed, prim and proper. Every bit like the celebrity people loved. Her team let out a breath of relief. Their Boss has everything under control, and they had nothing to worry. They just need to sit back and enjoy the show she always put on for the camera. Their Boss was one hell of a woman who knows how to play for the crowd and that is what made her such a big star in such a small span of 5 years. 

She always gave them reasons to look up to her. If she wanted something, she got it done. Never bowed against her will and never settled for any consolation prize. She was their inspiration and their guide to navigate this ruthless industry. Akshara Sharma was not just a PRETTY FACE and if one let the pretty face fool them, they are in for a RIDE. Her fierceness was well guarded and only unleashed on the most unfortunate of mankind. One thing was for sure, it was never a pretty sight.

The famous anchor Shrishti Kamble walked in with her 3 men camera crew, a makeup and hair assistant and an assistant producer. They were a team of 6 and looked every bit intimidating with a smug smile on their faces. They weren't giving away anything but were very determined to sprout a controversy during the interview. They were restricted by their superiors to do away with any Musical Mastane related questions because even if everyone knew about the replacement, it wasn't officially out. 

Akshara was guarded about her private life and her emotions are often controlled and staged leaving no scope for juicy gossip. Shrishti, the anchor known for cooking up rumours and stirring controversies had hardly anything to play at. The woman sitting in front of her looked too perfect to have any flaws and her demeanor screamed that she was up for the showdown. The anchor knew what she was in for but she herself has been a go getter. So, they would make for a good match up to say the least.

She greeted Akshara very sweetly with a fake smile and Akshara returned the favour. Soon everyone was busy setting up the cameras and lighting while Shrishti and Akshara got their touch up done. The fact that Akshara didn't spare her a glance hurt Shrishti's ego badly. She was now out, looking for some respite and that only meant more trouble for Akshara. The camera crew informed her that the set up was ready and they should start with the shoot. 

Akshara's team checked if all the angles were as per her preference. Once they were sure of everything, they gave a thumbs up and the anchor was all set to take her opening.

Srishti(S): Aaj ki hamari mezbaan hain, 5 saal pehle tak ek gumnaam chehra aur ab sabki chahiti gayini, jani mani hasti, mehalon mein rehnewali, aapki dilon pe raaj karne wali, sunder si, surili si, sapnon ki udaan bharnewali, SUPRSTAR AKSHARA SHARMA. 

Swagat hain aapka 'SURON KE SARTAJ' mein mere, yaani Shrishti Kamble ke saath. Aap dekh rahe hain SAFARNAMA. Aksharaji swagat hain aapka.