Chapter - 13: Who Will Convince Whom?

At Birla House:

"Aap ne kuch bola nahin kuch poocha nahi aur seedha 'No' boldiya Poppy! Jab ki maine kahan ki woh meri wish hain. Aapne aise hi 'No' boldiya. So simple. Isi baat ka dar tha mujhe.

Kal bhi yahi sochke pareshan thi main. Mujhe pata tha aap nahi maanoge. Phir bhi maine poochliya and I thought hum baat karenge toh main aapko convince karneki koshish karungi.

But aapne pehle hi decide karliya toh ab main kya bolun? Kuch nahi." Roohi's voice was shaky as she was holding back her sobs.

Abhimanyu's heart broke when he heard so much pain in Roohi's voice. He felt stupid for giving such a bizarre response, so firmly, without even having a proper chat with her. She was right to get offended and he just needs to make it up. His fears can't be the reason for her hurt. He was about to approach Roohi, but she ran away in a bid to hide her tears. Abhimanyu was disheartened by that.

He wasn't used to his children running away from him when they are sad. They always seeked comfort from him even if he was the one taking their case. Roohi, out of all has been the most pampered one out of all, who never shied away from exerting her rights. Instead of putting up a fight, or starting an argument, she preferred to sob in privacy. That pinched him but he somewhere felt that his cold response warranted such behaviour.

Abhir came and gave him a side hug. "Di bahut sensitive hain apni career ko leke. Kal se pareshan thi is cheez ko leke. Mujhe bhi aaj hi pata chala.

She was dreading a 'No' and you said that straight up without any sweet talk. Isliye woh bahut upset hain" said Abhir in Roohi's defense.

"Aapko bhi lagta hain ki maine is baar gadbad kardiya?" Abhimanyu asked gloomily.

"Unfortunately, Yes! Aap hi mana sakte ho unhe. Humein toh apne paas bhi bhatakne nahin dengi woh." Abhir answered honestly.

Abhimanyu nodded and went in search for his upset daughter. It was groveling time again and he wouldn't mind that at all.

Roohi went to the pool side after picking up her favourite stuff toy from her room. The toy was almost Roohi's size. Ever since she got her room, she only slept with that on her side. Every time she felt alone or missed her Poppy, she would snuggle with it. It made her feel warm, and she was seeking the same warmth now that she was upset. She would have gone running to her Chachu if he was at home, but he wasn't.

So, she chose a secluded corner to let out her emotions. She sat there staring at the pool and tears pooled in her eyes. She hugged the soft toy as closely as possible and pushed her face into it like she did usually with her Poppy. She cried aloud but her cries were muffled by the furry stuff toy, in a way not alerting anybody. She was deeply hurt by Abhimanyu's blunt 'No'. She understood the tone well. Her father used that rarely, only to make them comply after a good scolding or multiple warnings.

He was always so sensitive with her, always treated her as an adult with a right to have an opinion ever since she was a kid. Her wishes were always taken into consideration and often fulfilled. He has been so amazing that a small lapse from him hurt her dear heart. She somewhere knew that she was being unreasonably harsh with her Poppy. She could have just given him a chance to explain but even she decided to do the same as him. She straight up walked away without waiting for an explanation.