Chapter - 2: Rohan Nanda - The Brother

At Birla House:

"That's not done Neil. He shouldn't be hating his mother. Akshara ne mere saath jo kuch bhi kiya ho, that has nothing to do with Abhir. Are uski wajah kya hai mujhe khud ko nahin pata per sab log judgement pass kar rahe hain. 

I agree custody case file karne keliye she chose the wrong time. But woh desperate thi apne bache ko apne paas rakhne keliye. As a parent, I get that feeling. It's never easy to let go. I wish things didn't have to end up this way" Abhimanyu spoke disappointedly. 

Neil looked on flabbergasted. He just couldn't believe that his Bhaiyya is thinking from her perspective yet again when she never gave two hoots to his point of view in the entire one year they knew of each other closely. He couldn't understand how someone can feel so deeply in the span of a year. With his Bhaiyya, it was love and with Aksharaji, it was anything but love. At least he presumed that. 

"Bhai! Aapko samajh mein aa raha hai aap kya bol rahe ho? Aap bhul gaye...... what all she put us through? Aap bhul gaye Abhir ki counselling mein aapko kya kya pata chala?

 Aap Aksharaji se Abhir se zyada pyaar karte ho kya? Because you are ready to forgive her despite all the mistakes she has done with regards to Abhir. If that's the case, I need to know now." Neil raised his voice in anger.

He hated when his Bhaiyya tried to bring up her perspective. He always found it pointless but the person opposite him is just too relentless. Abhimanyu understood Neil's stance. But he wanted to have a discussion, not an argument. So, he calmly put his point across. His gentle tone calmed Neil down a bit. 

"Neil! Hum sab ek family hain. It's natural ki hum apni taraf se hi sochenge and tujhe mere dard ke aagey kuch nahi dikhega. I am just trying to understand the situation from all possible angles. We can't rubbish off the opposition's point of view so outrightly. 

Thoda patience rakho aur meri baat suno. This is just a discussion and I am not forcing you to agree. All I want from you is to listen me out. Tujhe jo bolna hain bol mujhe.....baat poori sunne ke baad." Abhimanyu pitched in.

Neil was clearly not interested but if his Bhaiyya wanted him to listen, he would. Because he knew his Bhaiyya doesn't usually discuss this topic and he had a lot of emotions buried inside. If he is willing to open up, he better listen. 

"Just for you" Neil declared and small smile formed on Abhimanyu's face. 

"Thank you. Baith ke baat karein?" Abhimanyu slightly nudged Neil to sit and he sat across.

"Neil! Mujhe lagta hai jo bhi us waqt, I mean to say.....Custody case ke waqt kiya tha Akshara ne aur uski family ne, they did it out of desperation. It was our luck ki humein custody mili. 

Main toh soch bhi nahi sakta agar nahi milti toh kya karta main. Kaise reh pata uske bina." Abhimanyu shivered just by the thought of it. 

"Waise hi jaise aap Aksharaji ke bina reh rahe the. Aap apna fate accept karte ya aur ladte per cheap tricks nahi apnate Bhai. Especially not when the opposition has assured you of your rights staying intact irrespective of the outcome

Aap apne rights bachane court gaye the unke cheen ne nahi. Hum mein se koi nahi chahta tha ki Abhir ko apni Maa se door hona pade.

Aap ne toh yeh tak kehdiya tha na ki Abhir keliye ab dono ghar uske apne hain. Use jahan rehna hoga woh reh sakta hain. 

Court ka decision ka uski zindagi pe koi bura asar nahi hoga. Did you or did you not say that Bhai?" Neil argued passionately.

"Akshara ne 6 saal pala hain yaar use. It must have been so tough to let me in" Abhimanyu was trying to make a point but Neil was having none of it.