Opening Night

As the hours passed, I was growing more and more nervous. The boys were on the stage preparing for their soundcheck, and I stood to the side of the stage, watching them. I looked as Justin started to play, a huge grin on my face. He seemed way happier in this band than he did with Ice Nine Kills, though, I know he still talked to his old band mates and there was no bad blood to be had. He just seemed to enjoy himself a lot more, and I was so happy for him. I ended up sitting on the stage floor, continuing to watch the soundcheck since I had finished setting up all my things I would need for the day. After the soundcheck, I was supposed to go out to the line and grab the people that won the drawing. I think that's the part that scared me the most was talking to so many people. 

I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard Vinny start to check his drums. The loud sound filling the empty venue with an echo. After hearing it, I decided to explore the venue, going up to the second level. Once I was up there, I grinned, now being able to see everything at once. It was an incredible feeling, and the soundcheck felt like my own personal concert. "Sound good up there?!" I heard Chris call out, seeing me and I laughed. I nodded and stuck both my thumbs up, "Sounds great!" I called back. Once the boys were satisfied, it was time for me to do my first batch of tattoos before the rest of the started. I think Justin and Vinny could tell I was nervous, because they both came up to me. "We can go out with you if you want?" Justin offered, "Or Vin can?" "Both of you, please" I agreed and grabbed the bucket that had the names of everyone on the VIP list that was of age for the drawing. 

Vinny held the door open and the three of us walked out, being met immediately by cheers which caught me off guard, but Justin took my hand with a reassuring squeeze. "So you guys have seen the drawing we're doing this tour, but here's a reminder if you didn't know. Everyone with VIP who is of age to participate, has been entered into a drawing. Five winners will be able to get a free flash tattoo of their choice done by my sister, Eden. If you win and you don't want to get the tattoo today, you can choose to donate it to the next person, or if you're in our area, you can get it done with a rain check signed by Eden." I nodded between Justin's statements as he explained everything then finally spoke, "Due to the timing and so you can all still enjoy your VIP time with the guys, we will be limiting the flash to black and white. I will be wrapping every tattoo done in a second skin so you can go about your night, but please still be careful of it. I do not suggest crowd surfing, because talking from experience, it is very painful." I laughed then looked to Vinny, "Wanna draw the first name?" Vinny nodded, putting his hand in the bucket, before I shook my head and reached my hand up to his eyes. "No peeking!" I called out earning some laughs from the people waiting as he pulled one of the names out. I uncovered his eyes and took the piece of paper from him, "Hannah from Dallas, Texas is our first winner" I grinned and Justin pat my back as a form of support to me slowly opening up. 

Within a few minutes, we had all five of our winners, and I was taking them into the venue with Justin and Vinny. The first person sat on the chair I had prepared and picked a tattoo of the band's logo. I started working on them while the rest of the guys hung out with the others in the green room. "How is your brother liking it?" She asked and I looked up, not expecting the question. "Oh! He's really loving it. I'm really happy for him, it's like he's known these guys all his life. I think at this point they're family," I looked over to Vinny at that last part and eventually finished. I covered the tattoo, and looked to her again, smiling "I really appreciate you asking that. I'm sure he does too," I nodded and let her join the rest of the winners. 

After all five tattoos were done, I wiped my forehead and started to clean everything. I knew I wasn't going to want to later. I stood to the side as the guys did their VIP session, smiling as I saw them interact with each person that walked up to them. One girl walked up with six small gift bags and pointed me out. "I made you one too!" I was blushing at this point and Justin motioned for me to come over. I smiled to her taking it and putting my hand to my heart. "Oh, love, you didn't have to do that. Thank you so much. I know we're all going to cherish these" I spoke to her. I never would've thought their fans would've included me in anything, but the feeling is just. I felt so loved. 

Once VIP was over, the venue started filing in with people. I decided to walk over to the bar, making sure to keep my pass hooked to my belt loop so I could get a lemonade. I know it was such an odd thing to get from a bar at a show, but I didn't tend to drink at shows. I went back to the greenroom to see Vinny hanging off Justin's back screaming and the others laughing. I stood in the doorway, confused at what was happening and just laughed, stirring the lemonade in my cup "Maybe the bartender did spike this after all" I joked and rolled my eyes to them. "You guys are so weird-" I joked again just as I heard the crowd screaming since the opener just went on. 

I shut the door, and spoke again so they would be able to hear me, "What are you guys doing anyway?" I asked and sat on the arm of the couch next to Chris. "He was making a list of date ideas, so I told him I had to approve, and he said they're embarrassing so now I really want to see!" Justin explained and I blushed before laughing. "Vin, you know my brother has to approve. That's the rule," I shook my head. Vinny eventually gave in, giving his phone to Justin who read the list. He looked for a moment before pointing, "This one" he faced the phone to Vinny again. "Am I allowed to know?" "No!" They both yelled in unison, and I just laughed and saluted the both of them. "Right. Noted."

For the next hour, we just enjoyed each other's company, laughing at Justin and Vinny joking with each other until it was their time to play. I smiled, watching Vinny get ready, helping him get his paint on, and looking at him, getting an idea. I took some of Chris's black lipstick, applying one coat of it, and pulling Vinny down slightly to press a kiss to his cheek, leaving the black imprint. Once I pulled away, I could see him blushing, but looked to the side, earning a disappointed look from Ricky. I brushed it off and smiled to Vinny, speaking out of earshot from the others. "So they know you're mine" I hummed and he nodded, hovering his fingers over the lipstick on his cheek. "Yours." He agreed. I watched the boys hype each other up before they prepared to go on stage. Justin and Ryan went first followed by Vinny and Ricky, then, as the crowd's cheers got louder, Chris walked on stage to begin the first show of the next two months.