You Belong With Him

As the months passed, I had forgiven Ricky and the boys were almost finished with their new album. We were sat in Chris's living room listening to the current mix of the album. I looked to Vinny as I walked in, offering a smile before I felt Ricky's arms around me, guiding me to sit on his lap. I looked to him and raised a brow, before sitting down and he looked at me "This one is my favorite" he pointed out as the next song started, but I was still looking at Vinny. 

That night, on my birthday...I felt something I had never felt before. We danced all night, and he even had some of my favorite snacks on in a picnic basket. It was an odd but wonderful feeling to be alone in a venue, just the two of us..but I can truthfully say Vinny made it the best birthday I've ever had. I was taken out of my thoughts by Ricky's hand resting on my thigh as he listened to the song. I looked at Vinny again, offering a soft smile which he returned, keeping his eyes on me throughout the song. 

I feel like Ricky noticed this as his grip on my thigh loosened and he looked at Vinny. He pat my thigh signaling me to get up, and I nodded, going to sit by Justin. "Vin, can we talk?" he asked, and Vinny hesitated but obliged. The two were off to another room and I felt Justin's eyes on me. "It's Vin isn't it?" he whispered, and I immediately sighed "Justin...you don't understand. The night of my birthday. It was the most magical night. It felt so romantic." "I don't want to hear about your sex with Vin-" "No, Justin that's it. We didn't. He didn't even kiss me. He made me feel all that without even kissing me or touching me. He planned a picnic for us and rented out a venue. We danced through the empty venue," I felt myself sigh "Justin...He makes me feel at home." I looked at him as his head tilted "Then what about Ricky?" "I love Ricky, I do...but I think it's more of a different type of love." I tried explaining just as the two boys returned. 

I looked to Ricky who had a slightly distraught look on his face, but when he felt me looking at him, he turned to a smile. Vinny stayed silent and the six of us sat and listened to the rest of the album. After, we were just hanging out, and I start to walk to Justin until I felt an arm grab me, looking back to see Ricky, "We need to talk," he said and I nodded, turning. "Of course, Ricky. Lead the way" I agreed and followed him up to one of the rooms upstairs. I sat down on the bed and prepared myself for what was to come. 

"Vinny told me everything." he started. There wasn't much to say, so I was slightly confused at what he meant. "He told me how he feels about you. How much he loves you-" hearing that, my eyes widened "Ricky, I-" "No, I just want to know, you didn't do anything while we were together, did you?" he asked. Even though we never really labeled ourselves, within the past month or so we had excluded ourselves to each other. I nodded and took his tattooed hand in mine, "I promise, Ricky. My birthday was the last time he kissed me. I would never agree to be with only you if I wouldn't go through with it." I explained and he nodded. "I trust you...but I have to let you go?" I gave him a confused look. "Eden, I love you. I do. But I know I messed up, and I know you can't fully trust me. You deserve someone that you can confidently put your trust in. Someone that won't take that for granted, and no matter how much I love you; I know I have to let you go," he looked out the door hearing the guys downstairs before back to me "You're not mine...I need to accept that. No matter how much I love you, you deserve better. And I know that he is better for you. I think you should be with him" He finished speaking and I just looked at him in awe. 

"Ricky.." I started, looking at the tears forming in his eyes. "I know you messed up. I forgave you....I knew it wasn't you," "But I made you feel unsafe, Eden. Even if you forgave me, I can't forgive myself." he shook his head "I will always love you, Ricky. Maybe not in the way I did before, but you will always mean the world to me. I will always be here for you, and I'll always be someone you can lean on, okay? You're never going to fully lose me." I tried reassuring him. Ricky nodded and looked down to me. "This is me freeing you. I don't want to string you along when I know you can be happier" he continued, and I nodded. I lifted myself on my toes slightly, pressing a sweet kiss to his lips for one last time.  "Thank you, Ricky" I smiled and let go of his hand, walking past him to go back to the others. 

I sat next to Justin as he and Chris joked, looking as Vinny talked to Ryan and Ricky followed behind coming down the steps. Justin gave me a worried look, but I shook my head to let him know I was okay. Once he and Chris had finished talking, he looked at me. "What happened?" he asked knowing something was up. "He said he wanted to let me be free..." I started. "He said he and Vinny talked, and he had a realization that I was safer, and would probably be happier with Vinny....said he loved me, but I wasn't his" I explained, and Justin let out a deep sigh. "I mean at least he was okay with letting you go, but I know that had to be hard for him," I nodded "I mean in a way he was right. I did feel safer with Vinny, but that didn't change the fact that I forgave and trusted Ricky. I just hope he knows I'll always be here for him" I ranted, and Justin nodded. "I'm sure he'll be here for you too. I'm just glad this got worked out before tour...speaking of...Chris wanted to ask if you would come with us" he mentioned, and I grinned "Really? I'd love to! I can close my books for the time being," I nodded, and he shook his head. "He wants you to offer tattoos to some of our VIP people. Like design a flash sheet and knock out a few each date. He wants to have a drawing for it and have like five each date. I told him it would probably be something you'd be down for." I immediately agreed, giving him a big hug, keeping my grin. I can't believe I'm going to get to go on tour.