You're Not Mine

I thought of what just happened with Ricky, and I still can't believe it. I was supposed to go to Justin's house again tonight, so I tried my best to cover what marks he had left on my neck and jaw. After what seemed like forever, I put my makeup in my purse, put my iPad on the charger and was on my way. The drive was silent, just me and my thoughts. 'What would Justin say if he found out? Would he be mad at him? At me?" Before I knew it, I was in Justin's driveway, and got out of the car, typing the code to his door, and walking in, setting my jacket on the hook on the wall. "Justin?" I called out and saw him peek over the couch in the living room. He and the rest of the guys were playing Mario Kart. I smiled sitting beside him, Vinny to my left and Ricky sitting between Chris and Ryan on the other couch, Ricky sending me a small smile, running his hand over one of the marks I had made on him. 

After their round was over, I joined in, leaning forward just slightly as I passed Chris who groaned. I laughed until I heard Justin speak. "Looks like someone had fun last night," he joked and ran his finger over one of the spots on my neck and I just blushed, "I- uh..." I started but hid my face as the others laughed..except for Vinny. Vinny just looked at me with a small frown and in that moment, I felt my heart sink. Why did that look crush me so much? Ricky didn't say anything but kept the smirk on his face. "I'll be right back.." I stood and went out to the patio. I sat on the bench for a moment just thinking about that look. Vinny looked so...hurt. Did he know? 

My thoughts were interrupted by a familiar head of brown hair sitting next to me. I looked over to Vinny and sighed "Are you okay?" he asked and I immediately shook my head, "No, Vinny, are you okay?" He just shruggged and looked at me "I can't really be upset...I don't have a right to be," What did he mean by that? "You don't have a right?" "You're not mine. I don't have the right to be upset that you were with someone, but something in me still hurts," he explained, and I just looked down. "I'm sorry, Vin, I didn't know-" "No, it's nothing..I've not even known you more than a few days..I'm probably just being dumb," When he said that, I looked at him again and frowned. "Vinny, you're a wonderful guy...anyone would be so incredibly lucky to have you," Hearing that seemed to cheer him up a little and he reached over, taking my hand in his for a moment. "That means the world to me coming from you, Eden," 

We then got up, going back inside, I sat back between Vinny and Justin, getting a concerned look from Ricky, but I gave him a nod to let him know I was okay. Justin handed me the controller again and we started to play again. I think at some point, Vinny noticed the marks on Ricky's neck, which he hadn't even tried to cover, and put the pieces together, because he refused to look at me for the rest of the night. 

Once it was just Justin and I, I laid down on the couch and sighed. He came in, drinking a bottle of water, "So..wanna talk about last night?" he asked, and I went cold. "What do you mean?" "How did it go? Obviously, you had fun with someone," he rolled his eyes and moved my legs to sit down, pulling my legs over his lap instead. "Oh...yeah, about that" I nervously rubbed the back of my neck and Justin looked to me, "Do I get to meet them?" That caused me to laugh, earning a confused look from him and I blushed, "You kinda...already do." "What?! Was it Vinny? Is that why you asked me about him?" I shook my head, sighing, "No, Justin, not Vinny...Ricky" I admitted, and his eyes went wide. "Ricky?!" 

When his voice raised, I jumped a little "Yes...he handed me a piece of paper yesterday with his phone number on it. He said he wanted to get to know me, and I invited him over and...yeah," I explained, and Justin just blinked his eyes a few times. "I..wow.." Justin was nearly speechless to the information I had just given him, and I shrugged. Obviously, Justin knew more about him than I did, so I wasn't sure if he was upset or not. "Vinny asked me about you.." He finally spoke and it was my turn to go wide-eyed. "He did?" "Yeah..he asked me the dame things you did about him. He seems interested in you, Eden....but like I told you. You've not known them long enough. I don't want you rushing into something. I mean, you kind of already fucked one of them, but I don't want you committing yourself to something you don't truly know if you want," Justin was right..I needed to take time to figure out what I want, and to even get to know these guys. I know Chris and Ryan are wonderful, hell, Ricky and Vinny are too, but my heart just felt so divided. 

As the next few weeks passed, Justin had been getting more comfortable with his position in the band, and I've gotten closer with everyone. Chris and I had a shopping day, and I had given Ryan a tattoo. The band was starting to record their first album with Justin, and it made all of us so excited. I slowly woke up when the sun started to peak through my blinds, turning over and looking to my phone.

Ricky <3 : Eden, are you planning on coming to the studio sesh today? I can pick you up?

I smiled seeing the message, and was going to reply, but decided I should probably get up first. I brushed my teeth and started to make some breakfast as I finally texted back.

Eden: If you'd like me to! I wouldn't want to get in the way

Ricky <3 : Worst you'll do is distract me ;)

Ricky and I had been talking since...well. Justin knew, but just warned me to be careful. I decided to get ready for Ricky to pick me up, changing into a sweater and some black ripped jeans since I knew the space would get cold. Once I heard his horn outside, I made sure my door was locked and got into the passenger side. I smiled over to him and leaned over to press a kiss to his cheek. "Thank you for picking me up," He smiled and offered his free hand to me, while using the other to drive.

As the boys started going over plans, I started walking past them to sit by Justin, but was pulled back by Ricky to sit on his lap. I laughed, but obliged, listening to Chris as he explained the plans for the day. Through all of this, I could feel eyes burning into me. I expected Justin, but he was fully focused on Chris. Vinny looked to the two of us, only looking away once I met his hazel eyes. I think Ricky noticed, because he pressed a kiss to my shoulder then rested his chin on it, looking to Chris as he spoke.

I could tell Vinny was upset, and part of that pained me. I didn't want him to be upset, but I have no clue what he wants. He's made no effort to talk to me outside of when I'm with them, so I don't understand why he's upset. Ricky and I aren't even together... I was kicked from my thoughts when Ricky patted my thigh to signal me to get up. I did and he grabbed his guitar. I watched intently as he played, smiling as me moved his head. After a few moments of this, I went out to the balcony with Ryan, who passed me his vape. "You seem stressed," he mentioned as I accepted it. I took a long drag and nodded "Vinny keeps...giving me looks...saying he can't be upset because I'm not his?" I breathed out then looked at him "What is that even supposed to mean? He's made no effort to even talk to me outside of the time I spend with you guys, so I don't understand," Ryan just listened and let out a small laugh "He's nervous," he explained and breathed out, "He hasn't tried because he's afraid of messing up. He's so into you, it's actually kinda gross," he joked causing me to laugh.

Ryan turned to look into the glass door, seeing Vinny. "I can try and get him to talk, but with you and Ricky being all mushy gushy, it may be hard." "Ricky and I aren't together....I mean...if anything, I would say it's more of a fuckbuddy vibe with us? I mean we talk, sure, but it's not so much romantic usually." Ryan looked at me when I said that and laughed "You were the one to do that to Ricky? No wonder Vinny's upset. He's mad it wasn't him" he joked, and I nudged his arm rolling my eyes just as Ryan walked back inside.

A few moments later, Vinny walked out, looking at the city below us. I looked at him, offering my hand to him. "I'm sorry if I hurt you, Vin.." "No...Like I told you before, I don't have the right to be upset," When he said that I frowned and shook my head "Your emotions are valid, Vin...no matter the circumstance. Here.." I took his phone from his jacket pocket and put my number into it. "Now you've got my number, so I expect you to talk." When I did that, his frown turned into a slight smile. I offered him a hug before going inside and watching the rest of the boys finish what would be their best album yet.