Welcome

Chapter 4

My eyes kept shifting from the prince to Chloe and back again. Did he even know what he just did?! There was hate in Chloe's eyes as she smiled over at us.

"Wow Kiara that is so awesome that the prince chose you to be his princess." She said with a deceptive smile as she reached over to place her hand on my shoulder. I instinctively flinched away. Anyone who knew her knew that she hated losing and would never congratulate her enemy so who was she trying to fool. The prince gave me a puzzled look. I smiled shyly in the hope of reassuring him. Too bad it only made him look more apprehensive. "Hey um can I talk to you inside for a quick sec?" She asked.

Hell no!

"Um, we have guests it would be rude of us to go speak in private." I had to think quick because the moment we were alone she would have struck me down. It's funny just how easily the line between friend and enemy could be crossed. It wasn't even like I had thrown myself on the prince or anything like that yet now she would probably never accept me again. I could already see her expression and mannerism towards me changing. It broke my heart; she was supposed to be my bestfriend. . .

"Well there is no need to tarry here any longer let's go." Prince Rolan said as he clung tighter to my hand and began pulling me towards his carriage.

Go? Go where?! I pulled out of his grip and went back to standing where I originally was.

"Where are you taking her?!" I heard Tony demand, he was second in command.

"Back to my palace; a princess can't be expected to stay in these barracks. I wouldn't even let my grounds men stay here."

They were all offended by his statement. It was quite obvious.

"Well your Majesty we are street children so we can't help the fact that we live such filthy lives while you lounge around leisurely with our 'great' King pretending that you hear our cries." Danny said with a sarcastic smile. I could tell that his sentence had cut the prince deep by the look that appeared on his face.

"Danny . . ." I muttered under my breath. His sentence was a bit uncalled for.

"What? If you wanted you so badly then why didn't he come get you long ago while you were still a freckled faced little girl with big blue eyes that made you look too innocent for your own good? Where was he when you went through shit? Does he even know that the things that you--all of you have to do to support us?"

"Danny!" I said sharply. He didn't need to know that. Besides I never had my turn so that information was irrelevant.

"What Kiara? If he wants a homeless girl then shouldn't he at least know what he's taking in?"

"That wouldn't matter to me--"

"Of course it wouldn't." Tony interrupted. "Because you won't be taking her in the first place. Go back to your comfy little Palace, she's not going anywhere."

"And what's to stop me?" The prince was beginning to sound arrogant.

"Us." All the boys in our little troop stepped forward and assumed a defensive stance before me. Even little Ezra was standing; somehow he seemed to find his way to the front. The soldiers all dismounted their horses and drew there swords. Oh no . . . "What's the matter Prince? You really do need your men to fight don't you?"

Prince Rolan chuckled. "Actually that won't be necessary." He snapped his fingers and immediately the soldiers swung into action, shoving the guys out of the way. Before I could process any of it I was grabbed and dragged over to the carriage. I began kicking and screaming but it was no use; they were way stronger.