16: Bore

Val had tried to ignore me when I caught him in the library. This had irritated me a whole lot as he had been doing this for over a month now. It wasn't just a conclusion I had arrived at, Del had confirmed this. I wouldn't have seen this as a problem before had I not made a recent discovery that changed quite a lot of my view on things... Especially how important That necklace was.

Bless Del for telling me where he was. She was rather too excited to snitch on her twin which was a relief for me. I looked at him from across the table. If he was all over me when I began, why did he avoid me the majority of the time then?

"Val." I called. He placed a finger to his lips while reading through the glasses I knew he didn't need. I was yet to believe he was the type to even pick up a book. Then again, there was very little I knew about him.

I wouldn't let him shush me like that however.

"Val we need to talk. "

"You realize this is a library." He whispered.

"Do you really want to do this, now? "

"What if I do?"

"I swear I will grab you by the collar and lead you out of her personally. "

He seemed to be considering my threat quietly. I doubted I could pull through with it but I was done Playing it safe with him.

He closed the book and looked at me with a stern glare before reverting to his carefree smile.

"Okay then. "

"I need my necklace back."

"Do you?"

I felt my face crinkle while I tried to keep my composure.

"I do. And I would like to have it back while I'm asking nicely."

"Or what?"

"You're testing my patience."

"I know. It's rather fun really. Now, jokes aside, I would love to hand it back to you seeing as it is long overdue but sadly, I don't have it on me right now. "

"So when am I going to get it back?"

"I hear you're having a party at the Eleventh this weekend. Am I invited?"

"That depends. What's the guarantee that I'll have my necklace back by then?"

"Very likely. "

Perhaps we were starting to speak the same language now.

"It's a deal then." Of course he wouldn't like the repercussions of not sticking to his own end.

After a moment of silence he looked back at me from behind the book. I smiled, I wasn't leaving yet.

"What is it?" He asked

"Rude. Am I bothering you?"

"I'm reading."

"Right." I teased.

"Hey!"

I tried stifling the laughter that followed before my reaction got me kicked out. Seeing him get worked up was somehow satisfying. It must have been from how much he teased me in the past.

"For your information I read a lot."

"Never said you didn't."

"Well what are you implying?"

"Nothing. "

He took a deep breath.

"Well played." He said and then smiled.